This position will be a part of a team of network engineers responsible for the design, migration, implementation, enhancement, optimization and maintenance of LAN/WAN/Video/Voice/desktop infrastructure. This position is expected to work with senior network engineers on various technical projects including but not limited to network consolidation and integration, architecture designs and updates, site renovations and relocations as well as routine network related operational responsibilities.
• Provide technical expertise and assist with network integration and consolidation efforts across multiple network environments
• Addresses and resolves complex technical proles relating to the installation and upgrade of network hardware and systems
• Interface with customers, vendors and other technical staff to analyze business and technical requirements
• Document engineering standards, leads in the development of network architecture and engineering designs and changes
• Assist in evaluating current and emerging network technologies, conducts technical assessments and makes recommendation to Chief Engineer
• Strong interpersonal an customer service skills in addition to the ability to effectively manage and prioritize individual projects and tasks
• Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Position my require occasional travel throughout the continental U.S.
• BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience preferred or relevant experience in lieu of degree.
• Minimum of 6 - 10 years hands-on experience in the implementation and administration of complex, multi-location, multi-vendor networks
• CCNA certification is strongly preferred
• Hands on experience with the implementation and use of network monitoring, fault management and performance analysis tools such as SYSLOG, SNMP, What's Gold, Solarwinds, etc.
• Familiarity with data center infrastructure and experience with Cisco routers and switches
• Experience with network security concepts, best practices and technologies including, but not limited to, SSH, IPSec, TACACs, firewall policies and 802.1x
Clearance: Active Top Secret/SCI clearance w/Poly is required
As a condition of employment, this position requires the candidate pass both a customer required medical and physiological screening.