The Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD) invites applications for the position of Senior Network Engineer. This position provides innovative and highly complex technical support functions related to the installation, customization, testing, and debugging of the District’s local and wide area enterprise networks; assists in monitoring network performance and responds to the more complex service requests to resolve platform and service performance disruptions; provides technical direction to network staff on a project-by-project basis.
MONTHLY SALARY: $8,213 - $10,196*
*Salary Information is based on a full-time, 12-month position
Provides highly complex technical support related to the installation, customization, upgrade, and maintenance of District network systems, including LANs, WANs, internet, security, and wireless.
Troubleshoots enterprise routing and switching environments, virtual private networking (VPN), wireless networking, and voice communications infrastructure/systems including Voice Over IP.
Monitors and evaluates the technical performance of network systems including, but not limited to, speed, capacity, and transaction distortion through the use of a variety of diagnostic tools.
Evaluates, installs, customizes, optimizes, and monitors network data and telecommunications hardware and software such Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) or Proxy.
Implements and maintains security configurations in firewalls, Intrusion Protection Systems (IPS), routers, switches, Virtual Private Network (VPN) appliances and communications circuits.
Installs and uses systems management software to monitor network activities at multiple sites.
Collaborates with network engineers, security engineers, and other technology peers on the development and implementation of approaches, processes, procedures, and standards that promote responsiveness and efficiency of network systems.
Participates in periodic systems backups and recovery tests involving network hardware and software.
Provides technical training, mentoring, and coaching of professional staff and technical staff on complex matters related to network systems.
Conducts research and makes recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards related to network technologies.
Prepares reports, statistical summaries, training materials, and other materials related to network systems.
Creates and maintains documentation related to daily activity logs, network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
Attends and participates in meetings, conferences, and seminars related to network technology to maintain current knowledge of technological advances in the field.
Performs related duties as assigned.
A current vacancy exists at the Educational Services Center (District Office), 770 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90017. The hiring list established by this examination will also be used to fill future vacancies as they occur during the life of the list. Our Colleges include: Los Angeles City College, East Los Angeles College, Los Angeles Harbor College, Los Angeles Mission College, Los Angeles Pierce College, Los Angeles Southwest College, Los Angeles Trade-Technical College, Los Angeles Valley College, West Los Angeles College
● Medical and dental insurance and vision care plans are provided for employees and their dependents.
● A $50,000 life insurance policy is provided free of charge for each employee.
● 12 full-pay days and 88 half-pay days of illness leave.
● At least 15 paid holidays per year.
● Vacation days accrue annually beginning at 10 days and increasing incrementally to 24 days depending on years of service with the District. Vacation days for management and confidential positions begin at 15, 20, or 24 days.
● Other paid time off includes: bereavement leave, personal necessity leave, court subpoena, and jury duty.
● Employees become members of the Public Employees Retirement System. The employee contribution rate is 6 percent. The District also contributes to the retirement system. Employees are also covered by Social Security.
● Employee Assistance Program