Responsible for the planning, design, implementation, testing, and deployment of network systems in a software designed data center. Determines network requirements and ensures that network infrastructure is operational, optimal, and prepares reports and metrics on network performance. Responsible for network backup and recovery as well as training of lower level network engineers.
• Performing a wide range of network administration duties including installations, debugging, maintenance, upgrades, and general support for Cisco, F5 LTM, Palo Alto, Infoblox, and VMWare NSX.
• Evaluate and deploy all software and hardware upgrades to the networking infrastructure.
• Assist in the configuration and deployment of core and peripheral network devices, which will require continuous learning of new devices (i.e. Nexus switches, ASR routers, Catalyst switches, F5 LTM, Infoblox).
Assist in the maintenance and deployment of networking concepts such as MPLS, BGP, OSPF, GRE/IPSEC, VXLAN, DNS, and strong layer 2 and layer 3 (routing/switching) knowledge.
• Proactive monitoring of all network devices and services using a combination of tools to ensure high availability and SLA's.
• Collect and review network utilization data for capacity and planning purposes.
• Assist in developing, implementing, testing, and maintaining disaster recovery plans.
• Interface with vendors for procurement & maintenance of all network infrastructures.
• Manage & troubleshoot network and Internet connectivity throughout the data center.
• Work closely with the fellow network engineer team members to provide client support and issue resolution.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of emerging tools and technologies.
• Research, evaluate and recommend technologies to support business requirements.
• Rigorously create and maintain documentation for all processes and procedures.
• Collaborate with and support the work of other staff engaged in similar functions
• Provide emergency 24 x 7 on-call support on a rotating basis.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other related field or equivalent relevant experience.
7 years of experience in network administration.
CCIE in Routing & Switching or Data Center certification preferred.
CCNP in Routing and Switching or Data Center required.
VMware Certified Professional 6 - Network Virtualization required.
Other Job Specific Skills
* Strong knowledge of Network Automation with Ansible
* Maintains an up-to-date technical and practical knowledge and understanding of system testing and analysis.
* Knowledge of networking hardware, software, standards, best practices, and industry trends.
* Excellent technical knowledge of network, security and storage infrastructure including: local area networks, wide area networks, VPN, firewalls, routers, switches, load balancers, endpoint security and encryption, proxy servers, digital certificates, data center management.
* Excellent oral and written communications to exchange information, explain procedures, techniques, and answer questions in a clear logical manner.
* Outstanding diagnostic, problem-solving and analytical skills.
* Ability to provide professional documentation (diagrams, specifications, technical requirements, and proposal content).
* Experience architecting, designing, implementing, and maintaining complex network infrastructures.
* Proven ability to develop and manage infrastructure design patterns, standards, blueprints, application frameworks, configurations, product technical solutions and roadmap.
* Maintains knowledge of backup/recovery practices.