Senior Network Engineer
The Intersect Group is seeking a Senior Network Engineer for our client in Irving, Texas. The Senior Network Engineer has experience in managing high-end routers, switches, load balancers and firewalls and is responsible for the architectural design, planning and operational implementation of networking solutions into various network environments.
- Perform complex and non-routine specialized network infrastructure administration support; troubleshooting, analysis, debugging, problem-solving and technical creativity focused on securing the highest network uptime
- Plan, lead and execute business as usual software changes, hardware upgrades, installations and enhancements
- On-Call participation in a rotating support schedule is required
- Education: Bachelors, 4-year degree
- Relevant Work Experience: 5+ years
- Certifications: Cisco CCIE/CCNP, Cisco CCDA or Juniper-JNCIE/JNCIP
- Strong skills and highly proficient in configuration, implementation and design of the Data Center routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, routing protocols and VPNs with failover mechanisms (Active/standby)
- Must be able to troubleshoot large IP-based data networks (LAN/MAN/WAN)
- Strong knowledge and highly proficient hands-on experience in switching technologies (VLAN's, STP, RSTP, VTP, 802.1x, VCP), Routing (EIGRP, BGP, redistribution, summarization), IP (subnets, CIDR, NAT, ACL's, DNS, DHCP, WINS), VoIP, multicast protocols (PIM, IGMP, CGMP), TCP/IP, QoS Cisco IOS and general knowledge around NTP, SNMP, Netflow, CEF, Security Protocols. Technical knowledge of T1, T3, Ethernet, MPLS, CWDM and DWDM
- Understand cloud configurations like VPC, EC2, VPN in Cloud, RDS, Peering, NAT gateways, security groups and VPN configurations
- Experience with Cisco ASR's, Nexus, Catalyst 6500 series switches, 2800 series, 3800 series, 2900 series, and 3900 series routers, including Core Cisco switches like 3850,3750,4506,3650,2960 and Juniper SRX security gateway & EX switches while monitoring the whole Corporate & 7-Eleven Stores network for degradation
- Experience with Cisco Unified Wireless (WLC) deployments, performing site surveys, design tools, heat map generation and hardware configuration
- Experience in working in a Data Center and understanding of structured cable system design and implementation methods
- Must be able to read and interpret technical documents and procedural manuals
- Good consultative and communications skills, design skills, analytical ability, judgment, and the ability to work effectively with our internal teams, support staff, consultants, and vendors
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format to Please reference job code 74072 when responding to this ad.
The Intersect Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Intersect Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.