Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for more than 60 years and now is the best time in our history to join us. We are opening more locations every year and we are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in our growth. We are a company that promotes from within, both in our retail and corporate operations.
Under minimal supervision, the Senior Network Engineer leads the set-up, configuration, modification and support of the network infrastructure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure maintenance and implementation of network disaster recovery architecture and operations.
- Develop and maintain multiple complex systems, applications, security and network configurations.
- Perform complex network administration, including, but not limited to, software updates, patches and configuration.
- Install, configure, support and maintain multiple complex network service devices, cloud environments, telecommunications and LAN/WAN/WLAN/SDWan hardware and software.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex network service devices; network security devices; and telecommunications services; cloud environments; recommends solutions to mitigate future issues
- Lead complex projects within networking group.
- Research, make recommendations and lead solutions that are in line with procedures for increased infrastructure performance.
- Mentor and train Network Administrator, I and II's.
- Develop and recommend tools and procedures for increased Infrastructure performance; lead implementation of solutions.
- Assist employees, vendors or other customers by answering questions related to procedures and services.
- Stay current on the latest industry technologies, trends and strategies.
- Complete work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position requires five years of network infrastructure experience. Retail (IT) experience preferred
- Advanced knowledge of one or more of the following systems: network operating systems, WLAN, Cloud environment, network topologies, network hardware, computer operating systems, routing, switching, data privacy, security and telecommunication systems is necessary
- Advanced knowledge of network services availability, performance, and security required
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including skills with Word, Excel and Visio are necessary
- Proven analytical skills are required and the ability to lead teams/projects. Proven ability to motivate self and others is necessary
- Advanced understanding of multiple networking tools such as Nmap, Sam Spade, NetScanTools Pro, SuperScan, NetCat, Ethereal, EtterCap, Snort, WinDump / TCPDump, DSniff, Fport, PsTools, Tlist, Tasklist, and Process Killer, Solarwinds Engineering Toolset is needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and customer service skills is necessary.
- The ability to work efficiently under pressure, accurately meet deadlines and present a professional demeanor is essential. In addition, troubleshooting, organizational and problem-solving skills with a can-do attitude and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential. Treating others with respect and upholding Company values are key attributes.
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team, multi-task, and manage multiple projects to meet various deadlines simultaneously is required.
- Customer service skills, including the ability to manage and respond to different customer situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude are essential.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values are key attributes.
- Provide advanced level troubleshooting, organizational and problem solving skills with a can-do attitude and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) is required
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) is required
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional overtime (more than forty hours per week) may be necessary.