Job Title: Sr. Network Engineer
Reports to: Director of IT Department: Network Operations
Location: Atlanta – This position will be Remote to start
The Sr. Network Engineer is a senior networking professional that designs, implements, analyzes, troubleshoots and maintains all WAN/LAN/WLAN/SDWAN devices, network management systems, VPN devices, remote access devices, firewalls, access control lists and utilization reporting systems. The Sr. Network Engineer will monitor and maintain all aspects of the data and voice networks and will also be responsible for mentoring and training Jr. Engineers on the company’s network standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overall responsibility for network procedures and standards development.
- Network design including IP addressing, access control, Quality of Service, capacity planning, capacity modeling, routing and switching.
- Network monitoring using NMS solution such as Cisco Prime Infrastructure, SolarWinds, Fortinet FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer, etc.
- Primary responsibility for maintaining, designing and administering multi-homed, mission critical BGP routed connections to the Internet.
- Client Access VPN such as Cisco AnyConnect, FortiClient or other related technology
- Track, assign and inventory IP addressing and creates reports of usage/availability.
- SLA creation and reporting.
- Configuring and maintaining WLAN devices from Cisco, Aruba, Fortinet FortiAP, etc.
- Experience with IP Multicast Routing in a Sparse Mode environment
- DCI experience such as OTV, L2TPv3, 802.11q (QinQ), etc.
- Management and configuration of F5 load balancer technologies
- Firewall experience with Cisco ASA, Fortinet FortiGate, or other applicable technologies
- IPS/IDS experience. i.e. SourceFire, Cisco CSC SSM, etc.
- Routing protocols consisting of BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, IS-IS, RIP etc.
- Analysis of new technologies and assessment of feasibility.
- Configuration of all network equipment and network management software.
- Review and analysis of log files and performance metrics.
- Scheduling and implementation nation-wide moves adds and changes of LAN/WAN/WLAN/SDWAN equipment.
- Administration of vendor support relationships.
- Packet level analysis with applicable utility such as Wireshark, TCP Dump etc.…
- Familiarity with Cisco’s Enterprise Composite Network Model and associated architectures
- Design, configuration and implementation of network security technologies including IDS, Firewalls, Access Control Servers, authentication servers and access control lists.
- Engineer, test and implement quality of service, header compression and other advanced queuing technologies to maximize the quality of critical applications.
- Test plan development and implementation
- Develop and implement network testing processes.
- Network application testing and troubleshooting ? Implementation of change management and control processes.
Education: Bachelor’s or Graduate degree in a technical major or equivalent experience.
Certification: CCNP (required) and Fortinet NSE 4 strongly preferred. Cisco CCIE, Fortinet NSE 5-8, or additional Fortinet security certifications are desirable.
Experience: Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in data and voice networking in a large WAN environment.
- Extensive knowledge of networking standards, technologies and related disciplines.
- Configuration and deployment of security hardware and software.
- Knowledgeable of Cisco and Fortinet equipment and its proper deployment in the enterprise.
- Experience with packet trace/sniffer analysis.
- Experience with network application performance analysis.
- Experience with configuration, design and deployment of LAN/WAN/WLAN/SDWAN technologies.
- Familiarity with VOIP and Quality of Service.
- Experience with the design and implementation of WAN technologies and related security standards including MPLS L3VPN, and other applicable VPN technologies.
- Experience creating standards, and network documentation as well as processes and procedures in support of large enterprise networks.
- Experience designing, configuring and implementing remote access technologies and servers.
- Experience with load balancer and application delivery controllers from F5 Networks.