Responsible for large-scale planning, design, implementation, testing, and deployment of network systems. Determines network requirements. Ensures that network infrastructure is operational and optimal, and prepares high-level reports and metrics on network performance. Oversees the installation, configuration, and maintenance of all network information systems. Responsible for network backup and recovery. Recommends process/system changes based on documentation compiled by junior staff.
* Determines requirements of large-scale networks/systems.
* Plans, designs and develops complex local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs).
* Plans and oversees installation of computer networks such as local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), the Internet, intranets, and other data communications systems.
* Plans and oversees installation of server hardware and software infrastructure.
* Designs, deploys, and troubleshoots large-scale network deployments and oversees mid and small-scale network deployments.
* Develops, designs, and plans for installation and maintenance of telecommunications systems from project inception to conclusion.
* Investigates and analyzes resource utilization and prepares high-level reports and metrics, making appropriate changes to optimize the network infrastructure and provide the highest possible level of performance and security.
* Configures networking hardware to latest industry and manufacturer standards and best practices.
* Configures hardware and software for the user environment.
* Analyzes documentation and recommends improvements and changes to methods and procedures.
* Recommends new software and hardware that provide new features/functions.
* Plans and oversees testing to ensure the proper working condition and security of developed and purchased network systems.
* Builds, supports and maintains the protection of company data and systems through the use of security solutions, backups, redundancy and disaster recovery solutions.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field or equivalent experience. Master's Degree preferred.
10-15 years of experience in network administration.
CompTIA Network+ and/or CCNE, CCNP or CCIE certification preferred
Other Job Specific Skills
* Expert in analysis and design of voice networks, LAN and WAN data networks, wireless networks, and/or network management systems to support voice and data services.
* Maintains an up-to-date technical and practical knowledge and understanding of system testing and analysis.
* Advanced knowledge of networking hardware, software, standards, best practices, and industry trends.
* Excellent technical knowledge of network, security and storage infrastructure including: local area networks, wide area networks, wireless networking, VPN, firewalls, routers, switches, load balancers, WAN optimizers, endpoint security and encryption, proxy servers, digital certificates, data center management and cabling standards.
* Excellent oral and written communications to exchange information, explain procedures, techniques, and answer questions in a clear logical manner.
* Outstanding diagnostic, problem-solving and analytical skills of complex issues.
* Ability to provide professional documentation (diagrams, specifications, technical requirements, and proposal content).
* Experience architecting, designing, implementing, and maintaining complex network infrastructures.
* Proven ability to develop and manage infrastructure design patterns, standards, blueprints, application frameworks, configurations, product technical solutions and roadmap.
* Maintains knowledge of backup/recovery practices.