SNI Technology's client is actively looking to hire a Senior Network Engineer for an exciting contract-to-hire opportunity located in Centennial, CO!
Our client's global IT Department has a brand new position available to support both local and global IT infrastructure and systems. This position will be the 'go-to' network guru on the team. More specifically, this person will perform both project and day-to-day support of systems deployments, support LAN infrastructure, implement new IT solutions, as well as perform as a part of a larger, global IT team, working on larger team technology refreshes. A large focus of this position will be surrounding network systems and networking (i.e. HP Aruba Layer 3 POE switches, routers, Palo Alto firewalls, etc.)
The Senior Network Engineer leads some projects and support in providing a reliable, efficient, and secure Network, Windows Server, Telecommunications, and other technology infrastructure environments. This includes participating and some leadership in IT efforts on computer server hardware, server software, networking, and telecommunications globally. Accomplishing this involves identifying, designing, implementing, and supporting technology infrastructure to help achieve business objectives with moderate managerial direction.
This position will have a thorough knowledge of current Microsoft technologies and methodologies and be able to apply them to solve complex problems and strive for proactive identification and resolution of potential issues. Must be able to administrator and provide support for File/Print, Domain Controllers, Application Servers, and File Services servers in a highly distributed global enterprise environment.
Responsibilities include providing onsite and remote customer service on technical issues. Provide technical insight to other areas of the organization as a Subject Matter Expert on infrastructure technologies (computers, servers, telecommunications, cell phones, networks, and others). Conducting, diagnosing, capacity planning, and performance tuning systems on an ongoing basis. The employee will be expected to conduct and sometimes lead diagnosing, capacity planning, and performance tuning systems on an ongoing basis, maintaining and implementing OS upgrades and applying security patches, implementing monitoring tools to proactively administer the health of servers, and being on-call 24X7.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Network & Servers: Provides input into technology standards on Active Directory, Application Servers, Network Routers, and Network Switches. Create, maintain, and support hardware and software. Install operating systems, software patches, and include technology like anti-spy ware/anti-virus. Troubleshoot, diagnose, and monitor technology errors. Ensure network is optimized, performing up to expected service levels. Implement proactive technology monitoring, actions, and response in the technology environment to increase availability for business activities. HP Layer 3 switches, routers, firewalls; Palo Alto.
- Telecommunications: Supports VoIP PBX, Phone Sets, and smart cell phone solutions. Monitor cell phone voice and data usage and apply appropriate plan for international and domestic users.
- Customer Service: Provide customer service for IT services to internal, International, and external customers and partners. Provide IT customer service to all computers, telephony, and network end users. Respond to IT requests placed by customers. Work with IT partners such as. Oracle, IFS, ViaWest, Microsoft, Cisco, Verizon, and others.
- Desktop/Laptop Computer Support: Provides desktop computer support and may lead some efforts on repair and maintaining of laptop and desktop computer hardware, software, and other computing peripherals.
- IT Security and Data Security: Administers and maintains the company's computer related security software.
IT certifications such as: Oracle, Microsoft, Citrix, and/or Cisco a plus
BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field + 9+ years of related IT work experience
Related Work Experience
9+ years of equivalent work experience in lieu of a degree