Title : Senior Node JS Developer
Duration : 9 Months Contract to Possibility to Extend
Location : Baltimore, MD
- Provide development support to the client to enable design, development, and implementation of web-based enterprise software solutions following the Agile lifecycle.
- Participate on enterprise projects that require migration strategies using web-based technologies and relational databases across multiple platforms.
- Participate in the full life cycle of an agile project, design and develop user interfaces/applications, and conduct testing.
- Understands the business problem statement, user scenarios, and technical constraints.
- Plan for and conduct implementation activities.
- Participate in planning, retrospectives, demos and daily stand-ups.
- Continuously develops knowledge and skills on pertinent systems.
- Perform thorough unit and functional testing of the code to ensure high quality bug free code.
- Provide weekly and monthly status to the management.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis.
- Become knowledgeable on the Disability process; ensure understanding of the systems and application processes to be able to execute that role in an effective manner.
- Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed.
- Bachelor's degree and 20 years of relative experience, Master's degree and 18 years of relative experience, or 24 years of relative experience in an IT field in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience utilizing in at least two of the following technologies: Node.js, Express.js, NGINX, and Redis
- Minimum of 2 years of experience developing unit tests using Karma and Jasmine, using build automation tools such as Maven and Jenkins, and other tools such as Junit and SonarQube.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with PostgreSQL querying data, filtering data and joining multiple tables.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience using a code repository such as Nexus with distributed version control such as Git/Bit Bucket.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
- Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- Experience with relational database systems including PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL, and DB2; and writing complex SQL queries
- Experience with popular Node.js web frameworks and/or utility libraries such as: Express, Hapi, Underscore/Lodash, Async, Bluebird, and Grunt.
- Strong proficiency working with database systems such as MySQL, MongoDB, Oracle, and/or PostgreSQL.
- Knowledge of HTTP protocol
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience with React.js frameworks (e.g. MOBX or FLUX)
- Experience with ECMAScript 6
- Experience with designing and developing distributed systems
- Experience with microservices and respective architecture design principles and scalability best practices
- Experience in creating API design/technical documentation (Raml, swagger)
- Experience in using debugging and observability tools for live systems dtrace, strace dtruss
- Experience in messaging protocols such as AMQP (Rabbitmq, Kafka, Nats).