We are seeking for a Senior Non Destructive Testing Level III to join our team in Portland, Oregon. In this role, this individual will be responsible for ensuring that the proper non-destructive inspection of products at EVRAZ meets CSA Z245.1, API 5L, ASTM E273 and/or other industry standards and customer specifications. As such, provides functional direction to non destructive testing personnel. They will also provide technical support services to the non destructive testing specialists by providing personnel training and certification, equipment troubleshooting support, new equipment installation support, 'best' operating practice development and the development of improved process control systems to monitor the real-time effectiveness of our non destructive testing systems.
- Capable of developing, qualifying and approving non destructive testing procedures and associated techniques.
- Interpret codes, standards, specifications, procedures, designating the particular non destructive testing methods and procedures to be used.
- For EVRAZ non destructive testing operations, provide interpretation of NDT results in terms of existing codes, standards and specifications.
- Establish non destructive testing operating setups and acceptance criteria when none are available.
- Develop standard operating 'best' practices for non destructive testing systems
- Maintain a complete understanding of current CSA Z245.1, API 5L, ASTM E273 and ASNT SNT-TC-1A requirements.
- Keep up-to-date on new equipment, systems and techniques by reading related literature and attending related conferences, seminars and new equipment exhibitions.
- Leads initiatives on new non destructive testing installations
- Works with engineering on project scope development
- Works with vendor on systems design, process control philosophy
- Monitors pre-shipment acceptance testing
- Monitors installation ensuring technical scope items are in place
- Conducts acceptance testing with employees
- Provide expert advice with regard to non destructive testing issues and QA-related projects involving manufacturing practices or the final decision for the acceptance or rejection of product
- Develops NDT auditing plans for compliance with non destructive testing written practices and oversees non destructive testing issues
- Represents EVRAZ regarding non destructive testing issues during customer audits, field inspections and when mill inspection occasions arise
- Minimum of Level III Certification in Industrial Radiographic Testing from ASNT, or equivalent.
- Minimum of Level III Certification in Industrial Ultrasonic Testing from ASNT, or equivalent, preferred
- Minimum of Level III Certification in Industrial Radiographic Testing and/or Ultrasonic Testing from ASNT, or equivalent.
- Certification or certifiable in Visual Testing
- Ten years' experience using non destructive testing in a related industry.
- Experience with non destructive testing techniques and the development of training programs and materials; should have familiarity with other appropriate non destructive testing methods
- Demonstrated capability in developing non destructive testing Level I and II training and testing material and administering training programs for non destructive testing personnel for certification and re-certification.
- Possesses a current valid passport or be qualified to obtain one.
- Knowledge of operations, equipment and machinery, including some hands-on experience.
- Capable of using MS Office tools such as MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience giving presentations to management regarding project results.
- Experience writing technical reports summarizing key findings and identifying next steps.
- Experience working with interdepartmental teams at all levels of management to accomplish tasks.
- Able to work effectively with hourly and management ranks.