LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
The Payroll Tax Analyst role is a senior role within the Human Resources Department. This position is responsible for researching and reconciling all payroll tax forms for each pay area. This role reconciles tax related data for pay areas in each pay cycle and other day to day payroll processes. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, processing and handling of periodic tax filing for bi-weekly hourly and salaried payroll. Responsible for the research and reconciliation of all 941 forms for each legal entity on a quarterly basis. Further responsibilities include balancing and handling all W-2 related data at year-end and communicating any changes or issues with third party vendors, such as ADP and IRS. Responsible for assisting in data gathering and research during internal and external audits. The Senior Payroll Tax Analyst must be knowledgeable of federal and state regulations, including wage and hour, tax, garnishment and reporting laws.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Balances and uploads periodic tax files to third party vendor for submission and remittance
- Balances and uploads wage payment files to third party vendor for submission and processing
- Balances and uploads garnishments extract files to third party vendor for submission and processing
- Reconciles, approves and submits all 941 tax forms for each legal entity to third party vendor
- Sets up and manages new local and state accounts for wage and tax reporting purposes
- Reconciles, approves and submits all W-2 related data to third party vendor at year-end for each legal entity
- Assists leadership with any and all internal and external payroll related audits
- Researches and resolves all payroll tax issues of all Lyondell legal entities
- Responsible for processing off-cycle tax files to third party vendor as needed
- Initiates and submits for approval all payroll funding for each pay area
- Responsible for maintaining a high-degree of confidentiality relative to employee personal data
- Respond immediately to any questions or concerns from employees regarding tax related issues
- BS/BA Degree in Business, Tax or Accounting from an accredited institution of higher learning or related field
- Minimun of 3 years of relevant experience using SAP to maintain and process tax related data and files
- Experience working with large volume payrolls and multiple legal entities
- Experience working in a multi-state environment
- Proficiency in Excel using V-Lookup and Pivot Tables
- Master's Degree preferred, but not required
Builds effective teams:
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity:
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston