* 5 or more year's professional experience as a Postgres (EnterpriseDB ASE) database Administrator with strong working knowledge of Operational/Systems DBA to setup and support EnterpriseDB-Postgres.
* Bachelor's degree in an IT related field or equivalent work experience.
* In depth knowledge of the PostgreSQL architecture
* Experienced in installing, configuring and upgrading EnterpriseDB/Postgres databases and clusters.
* Experience in configuring and supporting Enterprise Manager.
* Setting up users tools for administration.
* Experience in deploying EnterpriseDB in Linux on Power environment and good understanding of operating system concepts of Linux (RHEL).
* Good knowledge of capacity planning and architecture design for database server deployment.
* Proven experience in working in a mission critical environment in a multi-terabyte database platforms.
* Working knowledge of architecting, configuring, setting up Enterprise Fail over manager for HA solution.
* Experience in setting up EnterpriseDB Replication.
* Working Knowledge of connection poolers (pgPool and pgBouncer)
* Perform routine maintenance on several database environments including application of updates, patches, and hotfixes
* Installation/configuration and implementation of PEM, BART, xDB/EFM, Performance Dashboard.
* Creating databases, migrating database objects from non-production to production environment.
* Designing and building data models, schemas, views, and tables to support application requirements
* Working knowledge of Database Security mechanism, data encryption, obfuscation, auditing using tools such as Guardium.
* Extensive experience designing and executing backup and recovery concepts and procedures
* Measure database performance and troubleshoot complex database issues, I/O bottlenecks, SQL Tuning/
* Experience in using Splunk, Nimsoft for Availability and performance.
* Good understanding of licensing options and optimization.
* Experience in scripting languages (shell or python or Perl) for automating DBA administrative tasks.
* Experience with automation tools such as Control-M.
* Experience in implementing Postgres STIG implementation, testing, and other vulnerability remediation.
* In-depth knowledge of IT industry database technologies and processes and business applications integrated with database technologies.
* Provide 24 x 7 Support to Critical production systems.
* Knowledge of Project Management Methodologies
* Experience in working closely with the application development teams to resolve any performance related issues and provide application support.
* Enterprise DB Postgres Database Administration Certification.
* Added advantage of knowledge of administration of MongoDB, LDAP, MySQL.
* Health care industry related experience.