Title: Senior Power Electronics Test Technician
Term: 6+ Months
Location: Philadelphia, PA 19116
* Assist in the build, test and trouble-shoot of power electronic systems and sub-systems (power converters, frequency converters, UPS units) for military, industrial, and commercial markets. Power levels will be three phase AC or DC up to hundreds of kilowatts.* Assist in both design evaluations and qualification testing of power electronic systems.
* Assist in test and evaluation of design efforts pertaining to power magnetics
* Troubleshoot existing designs to assist in the creation of design improvements for efficiency and surge capabilities.
* Perform analyses of test data and format data for engineering assessment
* Verify designs through empirical testing utilizing the latest laboratory tools and equipment.
* Thoroughly and clearly document and explain test plans and results to peer reviewers and engineering team members.
* Participate in test-to-specification and reliability qualification tests
* Participate in test readiness and data evaluation reviews
* Associates degree in Electrical Engineering with at least 5 years of experience in set up, trouble-shoot and test of DC and 3-phase AC Power Electronics Equipment (10kW-approximately 300kW).
* Working knowledge of the latest power electronics methodologies and devices
* Knowledge of power electronic system/sub system architectures and basic functionality
* Working knowledge of DC and 3-phase power systems
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* The ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
* The ability to work independently to assemble and test engineering models and prototypes using the latest tools and instrumentation.
Preferred Additional Skills:
* Medium voltage (up to 20kV) experience a plus
* Familiarity with Military Power Quality Specifications a plus