Title : Senior Principal FPGA Engineer
Duration : 6 Months Contract
Location : Wayne, NJ
- Client Systems in Wayne, NJ is looking for a Senior Principal FPGA Engineer familiar with Firmware design using VHDL and FPGA Verification.
- This position includes writing VHDL code for complex electronic systems used in the defense industry.
- The VHDL code includes control logic, digital signal processing (DSP) and embedded processing.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with writing VHDL code, familiarity with microprocessors, familiarity with basic digital hardware design, and familiarity with basic RF design.
- The ideal candidate will also have experience mentoring Junior FPGA engineers, delegating tasks, and leading small teams of engineers.
- Responsibilities may include developing the verification environment;developing test plans and verifying the function of the FPGA.
- Hands-on implementation work for every aspect of FPGA verification, working closely with the systems and software groups, architects, RTL designers and verification teams developing the verification flow and methodology, test bench, and test cases, plus executing the test plan,working closely with the design team to ensure the highest design quality.
- Create, evaluate and enhance test plans to increase test coverage.