LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
- Manages, supervises and develops category managers. Encourages employees to acquire new or advanced skills/knowledge, and then allows employee to apply what is gained. Provides an environment that develops people in a way that achieves departmental objectives. Demonstrates leadership as an individual and as a team leader.
- Develops, deploys, supervises and manages sourcing plans and sourcing strategies for complex commodities and services required to support company operations and objectives a large country (e.g. US) or for different countries (e.g. EU). Responsible commodities and services, which may involve multiyear/multi-million-dollar expenditures, are negotiated and contracted utilizing national and international agreements.
- Ensures and supervises the development of comprehensive country and multi-international market analysis for the goods/services procured to drive lowest total cost and maximum value to the company. Manages and supervises effective internal client and supplier relationships. Viewed as leader by internal clients and suppliers.
- Contributor and/or an expert on global procurement topics for the development and implementation of optimum purchasing processes, procedures, methods and systems, and deployment of same through written policies, procedures, training, and effective metrics consistent with internal controls
- For large and highly complex projects at multi-site, different countries, or global in scope, ensures and supervises the development and deployment of sourcing plans and/or sourcing strategies integrated with business plans and driven by customer requirements, manufacturing results and capabilities, distribution/logistics objectives and business economics.
- Maintains and supervises focus on value added activities. Can identify and implement alternative, innovative, and creative solutions to drive lowest total cost of ownership. Capable of balancing cost saving opportunity with risk mitigation. Capable of using different analysis techniques, including multi-international market analysis.
- Leads highly complex projects. Can manage multiple work streams with significant risk and complexity; develops the strategy for project including cross functional and/or international teams and can effectively lead cross-functional teams.
- For highly complex projects, accomplishes results through the management of a regional or international team.
- Develops strategies for highly visible, global, cross-functional or high-risk projects that have highly significant business impact.
- At the site, large/several countries or at the global level, this position has responsibility as a key interface with local internal business partners and international peers to develop and implement purchasing activities and relationships.
- Implements and maintains metrics that clearly indicate the performance level of departmental and supplier effectiveness.
- Accountable for contracts in area of responsibility including sourcing plans, implementation and metrics. Initiates suppliers to implement and increase e-Procurement relationships, and/or other continuous improvement opportunities.
- Ensures high ethical, safety, health and environmental standards are met by the organization within area of responsibility. At the local, regional, multi-country, and/or global level, approaches the sourcing strategy methodology according to guidelines; conducts necessary project management for applicable projects.
- At the local, regional, multi-country, and/or global level, recommends process, product or service improvements to meet internal and or external business challenges.
- Provides a recommendation to other Procurement Managers or Associate Directors to approve sourcing strategies and contracts in accordance with DoA in the area of responsibility.
- Coaches and develops employees, including direct and indirect reports through formal and informal processes.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- A minimum of 15 years related job experience required 5+ years of chemical or related industry experience and knowledge related to purchasing and materials management is required.
- At the local, regional, multi-country, and/or global level, possesses and advanced knowledge of the company products and processes at local sites relating to production, maintenance, materials management, and purchasing.
- Demonstrates mastery and globally recognized for procurement expertise and can demonstrate advanced knowledge and ability to apply the concepts of general business systems, personnel management, team dynamics, purchasing management, concepts of strategic planning and sourcing, performance measurements, and management through systems at local teams and sites.
- At the local, regional, multi-country, and/or global level, possesses an advanced understanding of markets and business practices at site level.
- Demonstrates mastery and expertise concerning global procurement methods and processe
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) preferred.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston