Plans process flow, evaluates process capability, modifies tooling, builds tooling, and designs tooling. Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of the engineering work in a part of a major project or in a total projects. Reviews test procedures and plans prior to implementation, as well as conduct failure analysis and inspection on products, processes and materials. Evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques and procedures while using judgment when making minor adaptations and modifications. Devises new approaches to problems encountered. Prepares all necessary paperwork and documentation for all projects undertaken.
Senior Product Development Engineer - New Product Development
Power Solutions (an Integer company) is looking for Product Development Engineer with strong process development skills to join our Product Design & Development team. This position is a key contributor in leading the process development of new battery and battery charging systems that we develop for our medical customers' unique portable power solutions.
In this role, you will apply your process development skills and hands on ability to ensure functionality, project timing and launch of our medical grade battery and charger products. The position is based in a state-of-the-art design center in Beaverton, Oregon offering opportunities to travel as needed to support customer, supplier and manufacturing site initiatives as the designs are developed and transferred into production environments.
Who we are: Integer's Power Solutions Product Development & Engineering (PD&E) department is driven by the pursuit of new product development and innovative design solutions that meets the growing needs of our medical customers' critical applications.
What you will do: Reporting to the Product Development and Engineering Manager you will:
- Be a critical part of the New Product Development team, consisting of Commercial, Program Management, Mechanical, Electrical and Test System Design, Quality, Design Assurance and Operations functions.
- Interact with all levels of the organization to ensure that all necessary procedures and processes are in place.
- Adhere to company Values and all safety and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), Company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
- Develop new and unique approaches to complex problems and advance technology beyond previous company involvement.
- Plan & develop engineering projects concerned with unique or high-profile problems which have important effect on major organization programs.
- Provide management and customers with technical guidance as required to facilitate informed decision making.
- Identify and procure the appropriate process equipment.
- Investigate, develop and implement new process technologies of major scope.
- Maintain liaison with individuals and business units within or outside his/her organization with responsibility for acting independently on technical matters pertaining to his/her field.
- Subject matter expert in engineering specialty/application - Process Development
- Performs other duties as required.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Experience with performing installation qualifications of new equipment.
- Proficient with design of experiments and data analysis (Minitab preferred).
- Experience with process characterization protocol, execution and report generation.
- Experience with performing DFMs and documenting results in a report.
- Experience with creating assembly work instructions (Microsoft Visio based preferred), creating process flow diagrams, and performing PFMEAs / PCPs.
- Proficient with plastic ultrasonic welding joining and resistance spot welding proces controls and qualifications.
- Experience with design of assembly fixtures with 3D CAD and drafting (SolidWorks preferred).
Skills - General
- Hands-on, self-directed, organized, conscientious.
- Strong problem-solving, judgment and decision-making skills.
- Consistent delivery of timely, accurate and thorough work product.
- Production of accurate, complete, and concise documentation of results.
- Ability to think and work both tactically and strategically to meet financial and operational needs for Power Solutions business.
- Effective analytical problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills in a dynamic, constantly changing environment.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to communicate with all levels within the organization and with our customers.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries, customer inquiries or complaints as well as communicate effectively both orally and in writing with management, peers and individuals.
- Ability to work effectively, exhibit a professional manner and establish constructive working relationships.