In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Assist with planning, design and construction engineering of primarily water, wastewater, and infrastructure for municipal clients.
- Provide technical details for proposal development and technical mentoring to others.
- Interact with clients and outside consultants.
- Business development, sales and marketing.
- Lead or assist project teams in development of facility and or utility master plans for wastewater facilities.
- Also responsible for completing specific portions of assigned tasks, and/or leading task teams, while working closely with engineers, designers and project managers.
- Obtains precise information about work scope from project managers by active listening and using clear communication.
- Performs design calculations, gather and compile data.
- Develops facilities layouts in conjunction with CAD designers
- Performs construction engineering tasks, working closely with project engineer and project managers
- Participate in on-site testing, startup or troubleshooting of water or wastewater facilities or infrastructure.
- Conducts work to appropriate professional standards and to the firm’s QA/QC requirements. Participates in QA/QC programs for other projects as requested by managers.
- Perform schedule reviews on construction projects and assist in developing design schedules for managers as needed
- Available to travel regionally.
- Maintains workload schedule
The successful will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, civil or environmental engineering, Master’s degree/and or a PMP is a plus
- Registered P.E. in North Carolina, Registered P.E. in South Carolina a plus
- 15 years of relevant experience
- Maintains and develops expertise and stays abreast of developments in their technical field.
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written, open communication
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own?
As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.
Please submit your resume' and cover letter via the link below.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.