Industrial | WSI
AZZ Specialty Welding (AZZ WSI LLC) is the worldwide leader in developing and delivering specialized installation and maintenance solutions through automated welding, weld cladding, and weld overlay technologies that extend the life and maximize the value of assets throughout the energy industry. Office located in Suwanee, Georgia
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for overall project portfolio performance for their assigned project portfolio. A typical project portfolio will consist of delivering multiple repair projects totaling $12M to $18M per year. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for proposal generation, planning and execution of projects to quoted time schedules and expected field margin. The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for technical and commercial review of all work scope opportunities and prepare detailed bid proposals to achieve required business growth. The Senior Project Manager should expect to prepare and deliver 30 to 40 repair bid proposals per year.
Education, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations:
- Bachelors degree required, engineering (mechanical, electrical, welding, industrial) preferred.
- 5 to 7 years of experience required.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A Masters degree is highly desirable. Project Management certification is preferred.
Experience with large project execution (>$2M) that includes engineering, subcontractor management, extensive planning, and field implementation. International experience is desirable. Product Management experience is desirable.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with large project execution (>$2M) that include engineering, subcontractor management, extensive planning, and field implementation.
- Financial Planning and Management
- Strong technical aptitude (prior process systems/repair experience preferred)
- Strategic business planning
- Background in welding processes/technologies
- Familiarity with petrochemical process systems and fossil fuel power generation systems operations
- Organization and planning
- Contract negotiation and closure
- Familiarity with organized labor unions (Pipefitter and Boilermaker)
- Procurement / subcontractor management
- International project experience is desirable
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Have full P&L responsibility for the assigned projects portfolio to include bid preparation, contract closure, and projects delivery, to meet AZZ Specialty Welding's overall business commitments to their stakeholders.
- Regular reporting to management regarding projects revenue forecasting, sales closure activity, and projects delivery (operations) status for the assigned projects portfolio.
- Manage the bid proposal process and operational delivery process through use of in-house resources, as needed, to fulfill customer requirements and achieve target profit goals for all projects.
- Develop ongoing account relationships that can be leveraged for further development of existing accounts and gain exposure to increasing levels of business activity (RFQ and outage maintenance planning).
- Responsibility to manage multiple projects and proposals in progress and the same time
- Ability to prioritize needs based on internal, external and management needs
- Responsibility for developing and formulating the estimate and manage the quote through the gate process
- Financial acumen and Sales support to close work
- Prepare and present (for approval) all assigned commercial proposals prior to delivery to the customer to ensure the following:
- proposal content is complete and accurate
- technical accuracy for the work scope stated
- commercial terms and strategy meet requirements
- on-time delivery
- Negotiate profitable closure on all contracts to ensure terms and conditions meet financial goals.
- Develop project delivery schedules required to meet customer commitments. Monitor and report on performance of all projects with regard to quality, cost, schedule, and customer satisfaction.
- Leverage project implementation exposure and performance for added work and account penetration. Develop strategy and up-scope all projects to maximize revenue potential on each project through:
- use of pre project planning meetings / kickoff meetings
- use of on-site management time during project implementation
- use of post project reviews
- Managing and training a small project team.
- Maximize project customer and financial closure, as required, to ensure commercial objectives and account relations are maximized.
- Mentoring and educating Project Managers, Associate Project Managers and Coordinators in support of projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
General office environment. Travel approximately 15% to 40% of the time to customer sites which may include the construction site.
Sitting for long periods at a computer. Standing, walking, sitting, lifting up to 30 lbs..