LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
SENIOR PROJECT RISK ANALYST - TURNAROUNDS
The Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) function is responsible for design, implementation and integration of risk management at all levels throughout the enterprise. One of the key work streams of the function is providing dedicated business support to those areas of key strategic and financial importance. This includes providing independent risk management support to our Global Engineering & Turnarounds function for the planning and execution of Turnarounds.
He/she will act as the lead risk analyst for Turnarounds above $25mm in the US. Turnarounds are cyclical essential maintenance events at LYB. They play an important role in maintaining reliable productive capacity. They are major projects that requires sound planning, execution and control to ensure they are delivered safely and meet schedule and cost objectives. They also must deliver reliable unit performance at target capacities over the cycle.
The role will provide support to the ERM function and work closely with the Global Engineering & Turnarounds team in advising on Turnaround scoping and event risk plans and leads the development of Turnaround risk registers, undertakes qualitative and quantitative analysis and provide facilitation for risk workshops, guidance and training to turnaround teams.
Using your expertise as a Turnaround Risk Analyst, you will monitor turnarounds so that they adhere to the turnaround risk management procedures and provide advice to the Turnaround Event Manager and Turnaround team by carrying out risk assessments.
Note: This role will involve close working with Global Turnaround, Site and Project Leadership, and will be predominantly working with Turnaround Teams. The position will be located at our Houston Engineering Center (Wallisville Rd. at Beltway 8, near Channelview).
Roles & Responsibilities
Part of your role will also involve developing and leading Turnaround teams through the Turnaround Excellence Model (i.e. Lifecycle) and ensure risks are up to date and that appropriate risk responses are in place and is acted upon. Providing regular reports to Turnaround Event Managers and Turnaround Core & Management Teams and to provide impartial independent assurance that the risk statuses of the turnarounds are monitored efficiently.
- Championing/facilitating/involvement in developing early Risk Management Plans on Turnarounds above $25mm meet existing corporate risk expectations/requirements.
- Facilitate the identification and analysis of risk management on turnarounds throughout the lifecycle encouraging early risk identification
- Carry out qualitative, quantitative assessments to give the best advice to Turnaround teams in risk-based scope selection, contingencies, discoveries and schedule risk analysis at funding milestones.
- Manage so that turnarounds have a risk register to record outputs of the risk process, ensure that the risk data is accurate in Archer, timely and relevant and that appropriate risk responses such as dedicated actions plans are in place and being acted upon within agreed timeframes and escalated if timeframes are missed
- Provide regular reports to Turnaround teams on the risk status of turnarounds including Risk Management KPIs and provide advice on the management of contingency to help provide assurance that the turnaround is delivered to meet schedule and budget expectations.
- Act as an interface between Turnarounds and Capital Project teams where there are integration aspects that may increase the risk exposure and facilitate timely resolutions and action ownership
- Identify trends and interdependencies through reviewing the causes and consequences of different risks throughout turnarounds and facilitate conversations with various functions and technical disciplines throughout the company to ensure alignment and consistency in the management of risks.
- Can confidently explain the value and benefits of risk management to stakeholders.
- Keeps relevant knowledge up-to-date by attending seminars, training sessions, and workshops, as necessary to develop and ensure success of Turnarounds and risk management principles.
- Trains team members of how to apply the risk management process in their daily roles so as to inform decision-making and ensures all assigned project team members are aware of their responsibilities to understand and manage the key risks within their scope.
Bachelor's degree in an Engineering, Construction or other related field required. Graduate degree strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in an industrial environment including experience in a lead role of a turnaround and turnaround or project risk management experience.
- Understanding and application of turnaround management and project controls processes such as scheduling and planning, estimating, change control, etc.
- Experienced and enjoys risk management facilitation to stakeholders at all levels within the turnaround.
- Able to build risk models in a number of applications, which accurately represent the complexities of cost and schedule risk. Highly competent in Deltek Acumen Fuse, @Risk tools and use of Archer.
- Able to build risk models to assess optimal scope selection to deliver reliable, at capacity production over the turnaround cycle. Chemical plant or refinery Reliablity experience preferred.
- Able to coach and challenge management and non-specialists on the results of risk management
Membership of the Project Management Institute of similar project management profession e.g. PMI-RMP, PMP, IPMA preferred
Certifications in Project Risk Management and/or Business Continuity is desirable
Builds effective teams:
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity:
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston