Job ID: 21-05894
Title: Senior Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
Location: Chicago, IL
The Senior Quality Assurance Automation Engineer performs testing of software applications using QA testing practices and frameworks. This role provides appropriate and timely status, metrics and communication to stakeholders. As well, this role tests solutions in response to changing business or project needs. The Senior QA Automation Engineer aids in the identification of continuous process improvement of QA standards and practices.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Perform analysis of business requirements for accuracy, completeness, redundancy, ambiguity, and testability.
• Define testing scope, approach, risks, and assumptions.
• Design, build, and prioritize test cases.
• Create and maintain the testing project schedule.
• Execute testing.
• Report and communicate test status and metrics to project stakeholders.
• Make recommendation for change, technological innovation, continuous improvement, and documentation of Software Quality Assurance processes, practices, and frameworks, assuring a high level of system readiness prior to production implementation.
• Identify and recommend changes to status reporting and quality metrics.
• Participates in peer reviews of project deliverables. The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity. Responsibilities are subject to change.
• 5 years of full life cycle Software Quality Assurance process experience (requirements analysis, decomposition, test case design, prioritization and risk analysis, test execution, metric reporting, etc.). • Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology.
• Ability to create automated test scripts beyond record and playback to recognize UI controls and develop utilities, functions, control flow logic, loops
• Understanding of multiple IT technical platforms, and application development methodologies.
• Experience with the full software development life cycle, testing methodologies, version control systems, and quality assurance
• Ability to work well with team members
• Hands on experience using TOSCA with Angular Web app, WPF app and APIs
• Experience working with the Agile Dual Track Scrum methodology
• Experience with Microsoft Test Manager and related APIs to integrate with Visual Studio
• Experience using Visual Studio IDE, C# Programming Language, and the Microsoft.Net Framework
If interested, please reach out!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!