Quality Assurance Engineer, Video Player Technology
New York - New York
The Video Player Technology Team is responsible for building all playback related functionality for client's premiere streaming service. They work closely with the application teams to ensure that common functionality is built in a reliable, scalable and efficient way.
This team builds a video SDK which other teams use to achieve effortless video playback on Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Samsung TV, LG TV, PlayStation, Xbox, Roku, Chromecast and other devices.
***Video Player Experience is Required***
We are looking for talented engineers to join us in finding new innovative ways to build features and improve upon our video players.
• Create test plans/packs and execution within Testrail
• Collaborate with product owners to clarify player behavior
• Share knowledge with the team
• Manage test results and reports
• Collaborate with project teams to understand test requirements
• Drive improvement throughout the team
• Represent the QA team in project/progress/status meetings
• Mentor junior testers
• 5+ years of professional experience
• Strong understanding of testing methodologies, test practices and terminology
• Industry experience and a successful track record in testing video players in one or more mobile devices (IOS, Android), Roku, XBOX, PlayStation, and various TVS (Samsung, LG, Vizio etc)
• Experience using a test management tool, ideally TestRail
• Experience using a fault logging tool such as GitHub or Jira
• Creation and executions of test scripts
• Provide production support in on-call rotation, approximately one week per month
• Strong knowledge of Charles/Fiddler or other debugging proxy tools
• Ability to analyze logs
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.