Conducts research or development projects associated with the design and the development of new products or models. Investigates and resolved technical problems involving product performance. Coordinates development and design problems with research engineering, tooling, and manufacturing. Follows up on the building of design and life test models, analyzing the test results. Follows through on laboratory and field tests and develops new ideas based on results.
The primary purpose of this job is to manage engineering functions. Identify and evaluate procedures and process equipment required to produce a quality product.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
* Adheres to Integer's Values and all safety, environmental, security and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety, Environmental and Security Management Systems, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
* Develops new and unique approaches to complex problems and advance technology beyond previous company involvement.
* Plans/develops engineering projects concerned with unique or high-profile problems which have important effect on major organization programs.
* Provides management with technical guidance as required.
* Identifies and procures the appropriate process equipment.
* Investigates, develops and implements new process technologies of major scope.
* Maintains liaison with individuals and business units within or outside his/her organization with responsibility for acting independently on technical matters pertaining to his/her field.
* Subject matter expert in engineering specialty/application.
Education & Experience:
* Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree in related field. Master's degree strongly preferred.
* Minimum Experience: 7+ years of experience
Knowledge & Skills:
* Special Skills: Demonstrated ability to lead team activities. Strong ability to coach. Advanced problem solving skills. Strong communication, presentation, follow-through, and organizational skills. Ability to effectively work with coworkers and all levels of the organization.
* Specialized Knowledge: Computer skills as required by stated accountabilities. Advanced word-processing and spreadsheet skills. Complex problem solving skills.