Join one of the best companies to work for in Northeast Ohio! Applied Industrial Technologies is a 17-time winner of the NorthCoast 99 best places to work in Cleveland. Headquartered in Midtown Cleveland, we are listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: AIT) and, with $3.1 billion in annual sales, are one of the largest industrial distributors worldwide. We offer free secured parking, subsidized benefits including health care, vision & dental, onsite fitness center and cafeteria, tuition reimbursement, and career development opportunities.
We are seeking a Sr. SAP BW Developer to work within our Business Intelligence team to design, develop, and implement the BW data models needed to meet business reporting and analysis requirements. Develop and drive the implementation of BW best practices and standards for the team. Plan, prioritize, and execute BW development projects. Provide support and maintenance for all SAP BW systems and components. Analyze and configure BW data environment to facilitate custom reporting and data analytics solutions. Design processes to minimize data quality risks and proactively identify potential data issues. Perform other duties as assigned.
This is a permanent full time position at our global corporate headquarters campus in the Midtown Corridor of Cleveland, OH.
- 5+ yrs proven experience in SAP BW including implementation of large scale reporting projects in OTC, PTP and RTR
- 2+ yrs proven experience in development of InfoCubes, DSOs, InfoObjects, Multiproviders, transformations etc.
- Direct experience collaborating with business analyst and process owners in gathering business requirements and converting complex ideas into technical solutions.
- Proficient in Installation of Business Content and Customization of BW Models.
- ABAP experience in writing User exists, Routines, Enhancements and Generic extractor creation.
- Production support experience in troubleshooting problems and fixing issues related to data load failures in process chains and transport failures.
- Ability to work across teams resolving system and advanced knowledge of resolving performance issues.
- Written and verbal communication skills, including English grammar.
- Demonstrated time management and prioritization skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience in BW on HANA migration, modeling, design, development and extraction.
- Experience in creating BW objects for SAP BPC functionality.
- Working knowledge of SAP BOBJ tools. BICS connection and Universe development over different data sources. Creation of Web Intelligence reports and Dashboards in Design Studio.
- Knowledge of BW Security, Open Hub and BW upgrades.
- Coding experience in SQL and JAVA scripting.
- Experience in BODS and ETL.
- Knowledge of Predictive Analytics and SAP Lumira.
- Experience in leading projects and technical teams.
- Working experience at Industrial Distributors, Wholesale Distributors or Retail clients.
Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading industrial distributor that offers more than 6.5 million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry. In addition, Applied® provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers storeroom services and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to [email protected] or call 216-426-4389 to let us know the nature of your request.