Senior SQL Server Database Developer/ Architect
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Long term contract
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered.
- 7+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014/2016 Databases.
- Experience Microsoft Windows Server – versions 2012 / 2014 / 2016.
- Experience designing and supporting the database components of software applications, and understanding of entire application development life cycle.
- Significant experience with design/review, data modeling, query optimization, performance analysis, schema, troubleshooting and recovery.
- Experience in database schema design including logical and physical database schemas design using data modeling tools such as Erwin, ERStudio.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services.(SSRS) and Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services(SSIS) - versions 2012 / 2014/2016.
- Experience with T-SQL and PowerShell scripting.
- Work with development teams to understand full scope of applications and participate in the big picture design.
- Provide database design direction and work as a database design leader of a large, complex projects.
- Ensure adherence to database best practices, coding standards, and quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Promote database methodologies and standards. Ensure DB standards are followed through design reviews.
- Design and implement framework for automation of Database change (schema changes) deployments with the releases and integrate Database change (schema changes) deployments with CI/CD pipelines.
- Devise Strategy and Engage with Enterprise DBAs & Solution Architects, to define & execute Database strategy.
- Ensure that data strategies and architectures are in regulatory compliance
- Support and assist development team in the testing, tuning and implementation of database applications.
- Train & mentor Front End Database Developers and SQL DBAs.
- Lead and administer SQL Server Databases in non-production environments.