Do you have previous experience advising on security policies and standards and are looking for the next step in your career? If so, then we have the perfect position for you! Brooksource is looking to hire a Senior Security Advisor in Louisville, KY that will be the right hand of the CISO for a public sector client. This person will be working to advise the client on vendor contracts, best security policies and practices, the latest security tools, and providing oversight for 4 other security team members.
• Evaluates and enforces computer security policies and procedures
• Evaluates and advises on vendor contracts for information security products
• Researches information technology security trends and products and evaluates cost effectiveness
• Investigates and responds to security policy violations regarding information technology resources
• Conducts governance, risk, and compliance
• Participates in the implementation, testing, and simulation of backup and disaster recovery solutions and scenarios
• Evaluates and develops strategies to insure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Metro data and systems
• Reviews and ensures network architecture and projects are designed according to development standards and ensures adherence to security procedures
• Assists in budget preparation and monitors security initiatives and projects
• Compiles and analyzes data and prepares reports
• Provides enterprise wide oversight and compliance of federal, state, and local regulations pertaining to technology security and data protection
• Assists with incident response, recovery, and Security Operations as need
• Provide direction on upcoming security initiatives including multi-factor authentication, identity management, and GRC risk and compliance
• (Hours) This is a Monday-Friday, 8AM-5PM schedule with some remote capabilities
• (Dress code) Business Casual
• (Team size) You will be leading a team of 4 security analysts and working directly with the CISO
• (Company size) Local Government Entity
• (Parking) Parking lots and garages around the facility in downtown Louisville
• Bachelor's degree
• 5 years of information technology security experience
• Preference for an individual with CISSP, CISA, or CISM certifications
• Excellent leadership skills
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH BROOKSOURCE:
• Direct communication with the hiring manager, which allows us to have a clear understanding of the timeline and move candidates through the interview process faster.
• Dedication to keep an open line of communication and provide full transparency.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.