Join over 800 technology experts in sunny Miami-Dade County. Miami-Dade County’s award-winning Information Technology Department is recruiting for individuals to work in the Enterprise Security Division
Under the direction of the Chief Security Officer, The Senior Security Systems Engineer will develop, implement, and manage strategic and tactical solutions to help the County achieve and maintain an acceptable level of risk.
The Senior Security Systems Engineer position works closely with the Network staff, oversees the overall network security of the County enterprise and will develop, maintain, and advance the security posture of the County. The incumbent will manage and enhance the effectiveness of current security applications including firewalls, anti-virus, anti-spyware, intrusion prevention, SSL VPN and Internet content filtering. Duties will also consist of applying, changing, revoking and periodic review of end user access to all applications, file servers, VPN access, Internet, and Active Directory as required. The position may require after/hours as well as weekend work.
- Maintaining Firewall & Load Balancer appliances and supply remote access to internal/external users using SSL VPN technology for Law Enforcement/Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS).
- Overseeing the deployment, integration and configuration of all new security solutions, and any enhancements made to existing security solutions, to improve overall enterprise security.
- Ensuring network security applications/appliances are operating effectively and updated timely.
- Developing and maintaining the company’s security documents (policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures).
- Determining appropriate levels of security controls and systems monitoring.
- Creating and maintaining the County’s Operational Security architecture design.
- Reviewing and document security logs of private and public infrastructure.
- Aiding in the development of plans, budgets, performance evaluations and assignment of personnel and resources to accomplish stated objectives.
- Leading business requirements gathering and converting them into system requirements.