Information Technology Department
Senior Security Systems Engineer (JO # 60501)
Salary Range: $82,493 - $137,590
Miami-Dade County’s award-winning Information Technology Department is recruiting within the Enterprise Security Division which entails working independently and simultaneously on multiple assignments.
Under the direction of the Chief Security Officer, the incumbent will develop, implement, and manage strategic and tactical solutions to help the County achieve and maintain an acceptable level of risk.
The Senior Security Systems Engineer position works closely with the Network staff, oversees the overall network security of the County Enterprise, and develops, maintains, and advances the security posture of the County. The incumbent will manage and enhance the effectiveness of current security applications including firewalls, anti-virus, anti-spyware, intrusion prevention, SSL VPN, and Internet content filtering. He/she will also apply, change, revoke, and periodically review of end user access to all applications, file servers, VPN access, Internet, and Active Directory as required. This role may require after-hours/weekend work.
Six years of IT network experience are required and five years of information security experience are required.
- Maintain Firewall & Load Balancer appliances and supply remote access to internal/external users using SSL VPN technology for Law Enforcement/Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS).
- Oversee the deployment, integration and configuration of all new security solutions, and any enhancements made to existing security solutions, to improve overall enterprise security.
- Ensure network security applications/appliances are operating effectively and updated timely.
- Determine appropriate levels of security controls and systems monitoring.
- Create and maintain the County’s Operational Security architecture design.
- Establish, monitor, and report operational and security metrics to demonstrate the effectiveness of the IT Risk and Vulnerability Management program.
- Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following technologies
- Microsoft Windows, AIX, HP-UX, Solaris, Linux
- Cisco/Extreme/Avaya Routing and Switching
- Knowledge and experience with one or more of the following firewall technologies
- CheckPoint, Fortinet, Palo Alto, Cisco, Juniper, Barracuda
- Knowledge and experience with penetration/vulnerability testing tools and methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and prioritize risk reduction efforts
- Certification in or more of the following preferred
- CISSP, CISM, CISA, GSEC (or other SANS advanced certifications), CCNA, MCSE
Miami-Dade County offers fringe benefits that include full medical, dental, vision and disability insurance, optional 457 pre-tax savings plan, optional flexible spending accounts, 14 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, contributory membership in the Florida Retirement System, physical fitness center and day care.
Resumes and other information submitted in response to this advertisement are public records pursuant to Chapter 119 Florida Statutes. Hiring decisions are contingent upon results of a background check and pre-employment physical including alcohol/drug testing.
Applicants must apply online no later than November 16, 2020 at: www.miamidade.gov/jobs to JO# 60501.
$82,493.00 - $137,590.00 /Year
IT & Technical