Summary:As a Heartland developer, you will be a member of one of many innovative development teams writing great software to solve complex problems in the payments industry. Developers on our team are expected to be fast learners who will quickly grasp the inner workings of a variety of existing systems and rapidly deliver new functionality. These systems are predominantly enterprise applications which make heavy use of C# and SQL, and as a global company we are challenged with global project scope. We are all accountable for the full range of activities required to deliver on that mission, from understanding the overall business and particular project requirements, writing tests, building the software, delivering it, and supporting it. We expect software developers to be willing and able to switch hats to serve the greatest needs of the team.
This is a team member position for our Jeffersonville, IN software development team. This team has technical ownership of all Sales Systems.
- Work on full life-cycle software development of both web and non-web based applications.
- Gather requirements, design high quality software solutions, skillfully leverage software patterns, and implement code and unit tests with other developers.
- Participate in peer reviews, testing, release to the live environment, and maintenance of the application, all using an agile and iterative methodology in a collaborative environment.
- Experience trumps education, but a bachelor degree in IT is highly desirable. This can be substituted with another degree in a software related field or minimum 3 years work experience in the IT industry with solid professional and personal references.
- Advanced C# test-driven development or behavior driven development
- Thorough understanding of Object Oriented analysis and design, and patterns
- Proficient in Refactoring for Test
- Proficient in SQL
- Proficient in analyzing and fixing errors and performance issues in deployed code which may have root causes outside of the code itself (e.g. hardware, network, or database)
- Proficient with enterprise component based systems (understanding patterns is more important than specific techniques but may include RabbitMQ, EasyNetQ, MSMQ, SOA, WCF, Windows Work-flow or others)
- Familiar with Agile development (Scrum)
- ASP.NET MVC
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Project management experience, ability to work directly with internal customers/project owners
- Experience with StructureMap, Unity, or other dependency injection frameworks
- Bank card processing experience is a plus
- SQL Service Broker experience is a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as individually
- Data Modeling
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.