Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. As America's largest independent tire retailer, specializing in tires & wheels, we have over 1,000 store locations and continue to grow every year. Our consistent growth over the last 60 years, the loyalty of our customers and passion of our people makes Discount Tire a great place to work.
We are looking for an experienced React Native developer to join our team in building robust and highly performant employee and consumer-facing mobile applications for Android and iOS platforms. Under minimal supervision, the Senior Software Engineer is responsible for performing complex design, programming and testing work related to the implementation, enhancement, and support of a variety of mobility applications per business requirements and specifications. In addition to the requisite skills and experience, this role requires excellent communication and collaboration skills to be a part of our high performing team, so being a strong team player is a must.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Product Owners and Business Systems Analysts to understand and assess development requirements and/or technical specifications from business and functional requirements.
- Translate development requirements and specifications into high quality, efficient solutions
- Provide support, technical explanations, and documentation as necessary
- Identify opportunities to re-engineer/integrate existing processes
- Maintain awareness of the relevance and importance of activities and how those contribute to achieving quality objectives
- Complete work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service
- Act as the technical expert, ensuring quick turnaround in identifying application issues and providing timely solutions.
- Develop detailed plans and accurate estimates for completion of build, system testing and implementation phases of project.
- Transform business function requirements into technical program specs to code, test, and debug programs.
- Develop, code, document and execute unit tests, systems, integration and acceptance tests and testing tools for functions of high complexity.
- Perform performance tuning to improve performance over multiple functions
- Manage operational support, performing work during change windows as well as providing on call support as required by the team.
- Mentor and coach junior developer resources.
- Manage design, development, and implementation of projects.
- Review and revise technical designs to meet project requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
- 6+ years of experience in related application development, including experience in React Native implementations, particularly in mobile environments (mobile apps)
- Programming experience related to reporting, dialog transactions, enhancements, Forms/UI development, integrations
- Experience developing in related assigned application using latest tools and technology
- Develop backend web-services and RESTful API's
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Understanding of REST APIs, document request model, offline storage
- Familiarity with native build tools (i.e., XCode, Gradle, Android Studio, etc.)
- Familiarity with server-side middleware applications (i.e., GraphQL, Mulesoft)
- Familiarity with relational and non-relational databases/document models (e.g., Oracle RDBMS, DynamoDB)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Technical Concepts and Architecture related to assigned application(s)
- Strong working knowledge of Data Modelling, transformations, extractors, data sources, integrations
- Knowledge of replication concepts and working experience is a plus
- Design, development experience of simplified/flexible/extensible UI in applications
- Develop and maintain JS-based backend services
- Diagnose and fix defects and performance bottlenecks for performance that feels native
- Experience working on end-to-end projects
- Excellent analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Time management skills: the ability to juggle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and in a team is vital.
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure, meet deadlines and present a professional demeanor is essential.
- Ability to respond to different organizational situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude is necessary.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values are key attributes.
- In addition, organizational and problem-solving skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent work experience
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional overtime (more than forty hours per week) may be necessary.