Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. As America’s largest independent tire retailer, specializing in tires & wheels, we have over 1,000 store locations and continue to grow every year. Our consistent growth over the last 60 years, the loyalty of our customers and passion of our people makes Discount Tire a great place to work.
Under minimal supervision, the Senior Software Engineer- SAP is responsible for performing complex design, programming and testing work related to the implementation, enhancement and support of SAP modules per business requirements and specifications.
- Gather and assess development requirements and/or specifications from business stakeholders
- Translate development requirements and specifications into high quality, efficient SAP solutions
- Provide support, technical explanations and documentation as necessary
- Identify opportunities to re-engineer/integrate existing processes
- Maintain awareness of the relevance and importance of activities and how those contribute to achieving quality objectives
- Complete work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service
- Act as the technical expert, ensuring quick turnaround in identifying application issues and providing timely solutions.
- Develop detailed plans and accurate estimates for completion of build, system testing and implementation phases of project.
- Transform business function requirements into technical program specs to code, test and debug programs.
- Develop, code, document and execute unit tests, systems, integration and acceptance tests and testing tools for functions of high complexity.
- Perform performance tuning to improve performance over multiple functions
- Manage operational support, performing work during change windows as well as providing on call support as required by the team.
- Mentor and coach junior developer resources.
- Manage design, development and implementation of ABAP projects.
- Review and revise technical designs to meet ABAP project requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
- 6+ years of experience with SAP application development
- Programming experience related to reporting, dialog transactions, enhancements, SAPscript, Smart Forms, User Exits and ALE
- Experience with MM, PP, SD, or FI modules
- Experience developing in SAP with ABAP/4 and/or HANA using HANA Studio or WebIDE is a must
- Develop backend web-services and RESTful API's (Node.js, OData).
- SAP HANA Technical Concepts and Architecture
- Data Modelling using HANA Studio
- Build InfoCubes, ODS/DSO, Multi-providers, Composite providers, Open ODS, Transient providers, transformations, extractors, datasources
- Building HANA Views (Attribute, Analytical & Calc Views)
- Knowledge of SAP SLT replication server
- Design, development experience of SAP UI5 applications.
- Develop and maintain JS-based backend services (HANA XS, Node.js)
- Experience working on end-to-end projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Time management skills; the ability to juggle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and in a team is vital.
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure, meet deadlines and present a professional demeanor is essential.
- Ability to respond to different organizational situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude is necessary.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values are key attributes.
- In addition, organizational and problem-solving skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional overtime (more than forty hours per week) may be necessary.