Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. As America’s largest independent tire retailer, specializing in tires & wheels, we have over 1,000 store locations and continue to grow every year. Our consistent growth over the last 60 years, the loyalty of our customers and passion of our people makes Discount Tire a great place to work.
Under minimal supervision, the Software Engineer Senior is responsible for performing complex design, programming and testing work related to the implementation, enhancement and support of assigned application per business requirements and specifications
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gather and assess development requirements and/or specifications from business stakeholders
- Translate development requirements and specifications into high quality, efficient solutions
- Provide support, technical explanations and documentation as necessary
- Identify opportunities to re-engineer/integrate existing processes
- Maintain awareness of the relevance and importance of activities and how those contribute to achieving quality objectives
- Complete work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service
- Act as the technical expert, ensuring quick turnaround in identifying application issues and providing timely solutions.
- Develop detailed plans and accurate estimates for completion of build, system testing and implementation phases of project.
- Transform business function requirements into technical program specs to code, test and debug programs.
- Develop, code, document and execute unit tests, systems, integration and acceptance tests and testing tools for functions of high complexity.
- Perform performance tuning to improve performance over multiple functions
- Manage operational support, performing work during change windows as well as providing on call support as required by the team.
- Mentor and coach junior developer resources.
- Manage design, development and implementation of projects.
- Review and revise technical designs to meet project requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
- 6+ years of experience in related application development, including experience in Salesforce implementations
- Programming experience related to reporting, dialog transactions, enhancements, Forms/UI development, integrations
- Experience developing in related assigned application using latest tools and technology
- Develop backend web-services and RESTful API's
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Technical Concepts and Architecture related to assigned application(s)
- Strong working knowledge of Data Modelling, transformations, extractors, data sources, integrations
- Knowledge of replication concepts and working experience is a plus
- Design, development experience of simplified/flexible/extensible UI in applications
- Develop and maintain JS-based backend services
- Experience working on end-to-end projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Time management skills; the ability to juggle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and in a team is vital.
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure, meet deadlines and present a professional demeanor is essential.
- Ability to respond to different organizational situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude is necessary.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values are key attributes.
- In addition, organizational and problem-solving skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional overtime (more than forty hours per week) may be necessary.