From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton's Global Technology team is building the hospitality experience of the future - for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Android Software Engineer, you will design, develop, document, and tackle problems in our Hilton Honors Android application. Your work will also extend to leading these functions across other new technology projects involving Android. You will be passionate about and engaged with the newest technology trends. Your passion will extend to a willingness to share innovative technology possibilities with the broader team.
More specifically, you will:
- Implement new requirements within our agile delivery methodology while following established architectural principles.
- Write clean, concise code that is stable, extensible, and unit-tested appropriately.
- Communicate frequently and effectively with other engineers on the team as well as with product managers, scrum masters, and the creative team.
- Build working proofs of concept including detailed documentation.
- Debug and resolve production issues as needed.
- Lead and mentor other specialists in an effort to continually increase the productivity of the Android teams.
What are we looking for?
We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Communication skills that lend to consulting with partners to understand detailed requirements. This includes excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent listening combined with analytical skills that allow a natural ease in diving into research, data, and industry trends
- Presentation skills that will help us put our best foot forward. This includes assisting with compiling presentations to communicate progress and success.
- Proven leadership and management skills, particularly in influence management and conflict resolution
- Dedication to further developing skills with a hunger for learning and growing professional and technical knowledge
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Seven (7) years of professional IT related experience
- Seven (7) years of experience with full cycle software development. Experience should include all of the following: design, coding, testing, release, and maintenance
- Four (4) years of experience with Android application development, including experience with Android Studio, Gradle, and Git
- Deep understanding of Java and Android SDK
- Knowledge of REST, JSON/GSON, SQLite, Dagger, RxJava, Retrofit, and Realm Knowledge of architectural design patterns such as MVVM, MVP, and MVC
- Familiarity with agile software tools such as JIRA
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Nine (9) years of professional technology or related field experience
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!