From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton's Global Technology team is building the hospitality experience of the future - for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
***The location for this position is virtual/remote.***
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will apply your technical skills to maintain or enhance systems, methods, products, or techniques. You will work with build managers, architecture domains and IT disciplines as part of the Corporate Systems build team. You are a critically important resource deployed within the context of business IT solution delivery projects to ensure overall stability and performance of our premier applications.
You will depend on you to be fully knowledgeable regarding complex software development concepts, standards, and current development languages and methods. You will develop, test, debug, and document application systems to achieve the objectives detailed in the business requirements. You will bring to bear good technical and analytical skills, working closely with Build Managers, Solution and Platform Architects and multi-functional teams to use technical skill and judgment to develop solutions that meet business requirements for Hilton Worldwide applications and platforms.
More specifically, you will:
- Create a technical specification and product design from published requirements to perform development tasks.
- Work independently without significant oversight to follow requirements and develop solutions that help meet the 'definition of done' for a particular User Story or break/fix.
- Demonstrate a mastery of the technology in use to code/configure quality solutions that require limited rework and meet business/end-user needs by adhering to standards defined by build mangers, solution and platform architects.
What are we looking for?
We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Develops and integrates software as their main responsibility
- Assists with unit test, as required
- Provides production support by solving Incidents/Problems and participates in regular improvement efforts
- Delivers maintenance and enhancements for existing software or packaged applications
- Adheres to coding standards/procedures and participates in code reviews
- Ensures that all solution development is aligned to architectural standards throughout the Agile development process
- Assists Tester in designing and ensuring overall integrity and balance of the test plan
- Experience with 'as a service' platforms or relevant hosting environments
- Direct experience crafting and building similar solutions to the product supported
- Agile software development and relevant processes experience
- Experience with handling current code repositories utilized by organization
- Contemporary Agile development processes (e.g., SAFe)
- Applies software development knowledge to the current IT environment
- Agile problem-solving techniques and decision-making principles
- Works independently without significant oversight to follow requirements and develop solutions
- Ability to create a technical specification and product design from published requirements
- Fosters and learns new skills within the development space
- Create transparency, teamwork, and build collaborative relationships within the internal partners
- Aptitude for effectively addressing any issue in collaboration and diplomacy with others
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Five (5) years of experience in the IT field
- Three (3) years of web application development in a java framework (GWT, Vaadin, Struts, etc.), applied to building custom Documentum interfaces
- Three (3) years of Documentum development experience
- Three (3) years of IT project management experience
- Knowledge of REST API for building modern clients and interoperability
- Travel - 5% travel
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Eight (8) years of Documentum or content management solution development
- Seven (7) years of experience in the IT field
- Five (5) years of .NET experience
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!