***This position can be located in Memphis, TN; McLean, VA or Dallas, TX***
From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton's Global Technology team is building the hospitality experience of the future - for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Software Engineer, Salesforce you will be responsible for crafting and developing technical solutions on the Contact Center instance of Salesforce. You will work closely with the Solutions Architect to translate business requirements into functional applications. You will also work on optimizations to the existing codebase and system architecture, with a focus on improving operational efficiency.
More specifically, you will:
- Work with internal partners to understand requirements, build functional design documentation, and develop technology solutions that align with business requirements.
- Design, develop, test and implement highly customized Salesforce applications bringing to bear the Lightning Component Framework.
- Maintain the current codebase and find opportunities for performance and feature improvements.
- Solve technical issues and resolve bugs reported by users.
- Produce and maintain technical design documentation.
What are we looking for?
We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- A high level of accountability and commitment to solving problems through critical thinking
- A dedicated work attitude that exhibits flexibility, drive, and dependability
- Experience integrating Salesforce.com with external systems using the Salesforce.com API, as well as third-party integration tools (marketing automation, business intelligence, ETL)
- Advanced knowledge of Lightning Experience configuration, development, features and architecture
- Experience implementing Salesforce Communities
- Strong knowledge of data modelling concepts and database design
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Three (3) years developing custom applications on the Salesforce platform using Apex, Visualforce, SOQL, Triggers, Workflows and Process Builder
- One (1) year experience with the Aura framework and Lightning Web Components
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages such as Java and C#
- Experience with relational database management systems such as MS SQL and Oracle
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Bachelor's Degree, or Associate's Degree plus a minimum of six (6) years of Technology related experience, or High School Degree/GED plus a minimum of twelve (12) years of Technology related experience
- Seven (7) years of professional experience in software development
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!