Senior Software Engineer
Contract to Hire
Primary Responsibilities (What you will do here):
- Responsible for large complex components; influencing overall product architecture and patterns.
- Autonomously Implementing component design in line with pre-defined modern team architectural patterns
- Partner with Business, Technical and Strategic Product to manage project commitments in an agile framework; rapidly delivering value to our customers via technology solutions.
- Design and develop resilient, reliable, scalable and self-healing solutions to meet and exceed customer requirements
- Ensure that all parts of the application eco system are thoroughly and effectively covered with telemetry
- Relieve the team of 'churn' and 'waste' by introducing automation of menial tasks
- Collaborate with engineers on partner-teams to build cohesive and optimal solutions
- Communicate clearly and effectively in oral and written forms, and be able to present and demonstrate work to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Active Interviewer of full-stack engineering candidates across org
- Mentor more junior members of the engineering team to develop and perform as highly as possible
What you are like
- Have a great, positive attitude
- A natural leader… someone people are easily convinced to follow and emulate
- Never blocked. You find a way!
- Willing and eager to dive in and figure it out. No system is built from unicorn horn dust. It's just code!
- You take extreme ownership and pride in your work
- Care deeply about team culture and actively influence a positive culture
- Will automate something so you don't have to do it twice
- You build everything 'as code'. Infrastructure, pipeline, testing, monitoring, etc.
- Never stop learning
- Solid understanding of software engineering and processes: design patterns, algorithms, data structures, schemas and queries, system design, unit testing, code reviews, agile, and dev-ops.
- Experience working with teams that leveraged two or more of the following: continuous integration / continuous delivery tools, REST API development, serverless architecture, containerization, IaC, public / private cloud, web applications, web services, application observability and/or messaging / stream architecture.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- 4+ years of experience with languages such as Java, C# or Python as an engineer
- 1 or more years of production experience with cloud technologies
- 2+ years writing unit or integration tests
The more of these you have experience with, the better:
- Instrumenting apps with Prometheus/Grafana, and creating effective alarms and dashboards
- Log indexing tools (e.g. ELK stack, Datadog, Splunk, Sumologic)
- SRE principles (error budgets, alarming practices, etc)
- Healthcare domain background
- Development experience in Java, SpringFramework, Cloud, Kubernettes, AngularJS, Message Queues
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.