Location: Pasadena, CA
With more than 117 years of technology innovation, a global team of 100,000, and 64,000+ technology patents, NEC is in the business of providing solutions that focus on safety, security, operational efficiency - enabling people to live brighter, more enriched lives. We call this orchestrating a brighter world. As recognized leaders in Biometric technologies, we boast an array of award winning solutions which support Law Enforcement, Citizen Services & Immigration, Commercial Markets, and Public facilities Management. NEC Advanced Recognition Systems are experiencing significant growth and expect to soar to new heights with the addition of key talent like you.
We are currently looking to add an experienced and skilled Sr Software Engineer to our passionate and dedicated team. An exciting and innovative future awaits you within this New Product Development Team. As a part of this team, you will work on cutting edge facial recognition technologies, which are ideally suited to fortify safety, security and frictionless customer experiences anywhere people congregate, such as airports, malls, transportation hubs, stadiums, theme parks, hotels and more. This position will be a lead Engineer who Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs. Code may be used in enterprise or end-user applications, such as traveler management, guest management, biometrics capture, or desktop applications products. Using current programming language and technologies, you will write code, complete programming, and perform testing and debugging of applications. Another key responsibility will see you complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance while providing in-depth technical trainings to internal engineering teams. You may interact with government and enterprise customers to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities –
- Participate in development of functional specifications based on requirements inputs from the product team, and translate those functional specifications into high-level designs
- Develop and maintain application features, including design, coding, unit testing, documentation, and code review
- Develop and maintain components, frameworks, and libraries to promote code reuse, software scalability and performance, etc.
- Provide inputs to team members to help resolve questions of program intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls
- Lead and contribute to team discussions such as design sessions, code reviews, etc.
- Perform performance optimization and testing
- Assist with software release or build management
- Help the test team in setting up test beds, resolving build issues etc
- Mentor and provide on-the-job training to new and junior level co-workers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 6+ years of demonstrated Software Development experience
- Experience with JAVA/JMS/Junit or C#/C++ GUI, Oracle and SQL, scripting language like Python, Experience with SVN or equivalent source control tool(s)
- Solid communication skills
We are passionate about our people and growing our NEC family. If you believe you meet the position criteria coupled with seeking a career home, then apply now.
NEC is consistently recognized as one of the 50 most innovative companies globally. (by Boston Consulting)
ABOUT NEC CORPORATION OF AMERICA
Headquartered in Irving, Texas, NEC is a leading provider of innovative IT, biometrics, network, and communications products and solutions for service carriers and Fortune 1000 and SMB businesses across multiple vertical industries, including healthcare, government, education, and hospitality. NEC delivers one of the industry's broadest portfolios of technology solutions and professional services, including unified communications, wireless, voice and data, managed services, server and storage infrastructure, optical network systems, microwave radio communications, and biometric security. NEC is a wholly owned subsidiary of NEC Corporation, a global technology leader with a presence in over 44 countries and more than $37.5 billion in revenue. For more information, please visit www.necam.com.
NEC Corporation of America and its subsidiaries is committed to the maximum utilization of all human resources and the goal of Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, genetic characteristics, height, weight, arrest record pertaining to misdemeanors or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other class protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
EOE-Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities