Under the direction of the Electronics Engineering Director, the primary role of the Software Engineer will be to develop and support IoT mobile and cloud applications for RP products. Responsibilities include involvement in all stages of the development life cycle, from initial concept generation through to final delivery and support.
• Participate in the building the highly scalable, distributed services IOT cloud platform.
• Participate in the analysis, configuration, administration, support and ongoing maintenance of the IoT platform.
• Act as project lead for IoT cloud projects.
• As necessary, create or participate in the development of project specifications.
• Test and deploy every aspect of IoT solution.
• Support IoT platform CI/CD efforts.
• Design & Development of automated test capabilities for the IoT & app testing.
• Design & development of software tools to test the embedded systems & IoT systems that include, mobile application & cloud based backend server software.
• Assist with troubleshooting and resolving IoT device solutions.
• Manage schedule and be accountable to deliverables in a fast paced environment.
• Research and deploy new tools and technologies to build a sustainable IoT platform.
• Participate in new product (proof of concept) ideation projects w.r.to the IoT platform & mobile applications.
• Work closely with the engineering design team and product engineering teams in integrating mobile app and cloud to the HVAC controls.
• Continuing to remain current on the latest IoT and mobile application technologies.
• Work with others in marketing, product Engineering, test engineering & sales as the technical resource for the IoT & mobile technologies.Skills:
new product development, iot, project management, c#, php, java, typescript, embedded software, firmwareTop Skills Details:
Minimum 5 years experience
True backend cloud developer and an emphasis on cloud development.
C#, PHP, Java
AWS developer certification
Embedded & Firmware experience (not required though).
Absolute Must haves:
Need the AWS developer certification and have actually used it in a practical cloud development setting.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.