Software Engineer (Java, Spring Boot, React)
Atlanta, GA 30339
Brooksource is looking to hire a Software Engineer to work with one of our clients in the Retail/Building Materials industry. Our client is a Fortune 30 company with an innovative technology environment that will give you exposure to cutting edge technologies like Spring/Spring Boot and React while being in an Agile, collaborative work environment where you will have the ability to provide strategic direction on the product that you are creating. This will be a heavy development role, so candidates that are technologist and engineering minded are urged to apply!
- You will work in a balanced team of engineers building out our client's point of sale application, specifically dealing with the financial portions of the program. This team is building a new application from the ground up, so you will get exposure to building an application from the ground up and will have exposure to developing on both front and backend.
- Application will be built within Java/Spring Boot framework and React.
- You will work in a paired/XP environment where the team does team does all their own automated testing - unit, integration, and end to end.
- You will work with the Product Manager, UX Designer and end-users to create a roadmap for the application and delivery of the product through production.
- Own the delivery and post-delivery of a selected application, and contribute as required on midsize to large, complex projects.
- Ensure web operations and non-functional system requirements are met.
- Participate in developing the best technical design and approach for new products or technologies.
- Client investing $3 Billion in IT organization over next 3 years
- Named Internet Retailer of the Year in 2015.
- Named Top-50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017.
- Free parking and flexible hours
- Casual Dress
- 3+ professional years of experience with programming languages/frameworks: Java 8, Spring Framework and/or Spring Boot, React.
- Candidates must have experience doing hands on development building an application from the ground up.
- Exposure to design patterns and application architecture (this is not an architect role, however)
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science is preferred
- Strong analytical aptitude and ability to learn new technologies in a short amount of time.
- Ability to work with large and diverse technology teams.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH BROOKSOURCE:
Direct communication with the hiring manager, which allows us to move candidates through the interview process faster.
Dedication to keep an open line of communication and provide full transparency.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.