- Accountable for operational integrity of enterprise network infrastructure
- Stay abreast of new technologies and best practices to introduce new features across the organization
- Ensure connectivity and bandwidth for all company locations and 2000+ computer and users.
- Identify, resolve and proactively work to prevent performance or other production impacting issues on system and network.
- Lead & Plan out LAN, WAN and Network Security infrastructure projects such as multi-vendor Network devices, cabling systems, enterprise and carrier class switches and routers, high end firewalls, VPN technologies, Network acceleration and content delivery appliances.
- Improve and troubleshoot the existing infrastructure while investigating developing technologies that might augment the system in the future
- Coordinate and quickly identify and eliminate any issues affecting the Network, including global, enterprise-level LAN, WAN and Internet; work with outside vendors and providers to resolve complications when necessary
- Work with contractors, vendors and organize, plan and execute large-scale projects, taking them from the conceptual stages all the way through to implementation; determine the resources required to quickly meet objectives
- Troubleshoot tough problems, provide guidance and help find creative solutions.
- Also help identify and mitigate risks, construct project schedules and prepare status reports; you use performance metrics and measurement techniques to assess performance for Network-related services
- Recommends software, methodologies and design to improve system efficiencies.
- Test and modify system, network based on user specifications and business needs.
- Document processes and procedures on an on-going basis.
- Communicate system, network, with team members.
- Develop hardware and software interface documentations.
- Working with other IT staff and/or vendor support contacts when necessary to resolve technical problems with computing equipment and software
- Enforcing Company security policies
- Ensure the Company’s business is conducted in compliance with all Company contracts and/or agreements, internal controls, and in a manner that is compliant with federal, state and local regulations in locations the company operates and/or sells products that are applicable to this position.
- All other duties as necessary to provide support to the IT Department in the achievement of departmental and/or organizational objectives.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that may be assigned for the position.
CORE VALUES & GUIDING PRINCIPALS:
§ Understands internal and external customers
§ Assure a safe work environment
§ Encourage individual development
§ Demonstrates teamwork and flexibility/adaptability
§ Demonstrates honesty
§ Keep our commitments
§ Think systemically and ensure constancy of purpose
§ Lead with humility and respect every individual
§ Focus on process, embrace scientific thinking, flow and pull value, assure quality at the source and seek perfection