Senior Systems Analyst/Programmer (JO 56485)
Salary Range: $70,819.58 - $118,480.18
Completion of 60 semester credits to include 15 semester credits in a computer-related field or completion of an information technology certification program. Three years of programming and systems analysis experience are required. Additional programming and systems analysis experience may substitute for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
The following experience is preferred:
• Core Java, Multithreading and Concurrency control
• debugging, tracking and resolving Java error codes and application problems
• Java Design and Development of J2EE based web applications using Java frameworks as
required by customer, ORACLE 12c, SQL server
• Eclipse, Netbeans, Service Registry (any), JIRA, Agile Methodology (Scrum or other)
• Design and Develop secure web services (SOAP & RESTFUL)
• Responsive Web Design (RWD)
• Different message formats and parsers for: XML, JSON, CSV, Fixed Length
• Communication protocols like FTP, SMTP, JMS, MQ, Web services
• IBM WebSphere products (WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Portal)
• Java and Oracle standard coding practices and industry standards.
• JSP, Ajax, JSON, MVC, Jasper Reports
• WebSphere Application Server, Tomcat Experience with SVN, VSTS, Scrum/Agile
• Deploying applications test to staging and into production
(AngularJS, jQuery), Bootstrap, LESS and other Web 2.0 technologies
• Real time high output transaction processing systems
The Senior Systems Analyst/Programmer will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle which includes project management, analysis technical design, development, programming, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment and support of application developed for the business portfolio. Individuals are responsible for assisting customers with software applications and ensuring program performance through systematic test plans. The Sr. System Analyst/Programmer will work with software vendors, department end users and in-house programmers to translate creative discussions into functional requirements, and subsequently into technical design and guide and train junior Programming staff.
Good communication, both verbal and written, and interpersonal skills are preferred. The incumbent will be responsible for rotating on-call coverage on nights and weekends.
Miami-Dade County offers fringe benefits that include full medical, dental, vison and disability insurance, optional 457 pre-tax savings plan, optional flexible spending accounts, 14 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, contributory membership in the Florida Retirement System, physical fitness center and day care.
Applicants must apply online no later than Tuesday, February 11, 2020 at: www.miamidade.gov/jobs to JO#56485.
$70,819.58 - $118,480.18 /Year
IT & Technical