The Senior Systems Analyst/Tester will work as a member of the Services Planning and Execution Team, supporting both the Services Execution and Services Planning teams. Working specifically within PeopleSoft’s Project Costing and Contracts modules, Resource Management, Program Management, Proposal, and Budgeting (PeopleSoft ESA Modules) and others leveraged by the Allegis Services companies. The Senior System Analyst/Tester will be charged with being a product expert on the PeopleSoft ESA modules. This candidate will gather, develop, coordinate, and maintain business processes for various projects from initial phase to final implementation, assuring both business and technical requirements meet defined standards. The Senior Systems Analyst/Tester is a key member of a product delivery team, interacting with the Product Owner; application developers; Scrum Masters; third party vendors; and Enterprise and Domain Architects, for the full life cycle of projects and sprints. He/she will analyze business processes needs and assist in designing and documenting solutions through writing stories and task, while working with product owners to build-out and maintain product backlogs. They will ensure that business needs are defined and delivered with quality, including proactively managing customer expectations and resolving questions around the project deliverables and product features and functionality. Additionally they will share testing ownership and responsibilities with other members of the team, ensuring that all releases are properly tested to mitigate both technical failures as well as business process failures. They will be responsible for ensuring all test cases are clearly documented and are re-usable by other partner teams. They will also direct the development of automated test scripts, enabling full end to end testing to be automated.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated self-starter who has demonstrated successful experience in an enterprise development environment, using traditional waterfall and agile methodologies for delivery.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of the PeopleSoft ESA Modules features and functionality, and the related business processes, the applications and technology goals for the enterprise, systems development tools and other environmental considerations such as security policies.
- Partner with the product owner as a primary point of contact for requests, as well as research and coordinate responses considering the systems and business processes within the assigned service area; brokering communication and decision making amongst a community of diverse business partners and users of common applications.
- Must poses extensive knowledge of the end to end flow of data from time capture through billing and ultimately to the general ledger via the PeopleSoft ESA Modules
- Understand the strategic direction of delivered product features and related business processes, as well as any changes to the product and related processes.
- Lead testing efforts related to software development lifecycle (SDLC), including test plan and test case creation, test execution and documentation.
- Partner with project team to understand any changes to business processes and make changes to current test process to improve overall efficiency.
- Participate in and support the other SDLC processes, including process model development; design and code reviews; user acceptance testing (including the definition of expected results and acceptance criteria), and manage the defect resolution processes.
- Share and communicate changes and requests to business customers.
- Manage the remediation processes for reported product defects, including coordination with development and business points of contact, triage and trouble-shooting steps, testing to validate resolution, and communication of closure.
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Math or Science, or equivalent business experience.
- 10 + years of related analysis, testing or consulting experience and technical proficiency in ERP and PSA tools
- 7 + years’ experience working specifically with PeopleSoft Project Costing or other ESA Modules
- Strong working knowledge of analysis skills (including root cause analysis, business process modeling, requirements gathering, data flow analysis) and tools
- Proven experience with creating systems requirements, architecture and design specifications
- Documenting requirements via use cases, user stories, or other industry-recognized methods
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of critical thinking and problem solving
- Adept at queries and business condition writing
- Understanding of rules-based analytical systems and lifecycle
- Understanding of enterprise decision management concepts and methodology
- Working experience with agile software development processes, as well as project management principles and artifacts
- Ability to work well individually and in a team environment, including on-shore and off-shore team members and third party vendor arrangements
- Dedicated to complete assignments under deadlines
- Comfortable with taking on multiple tasks and supporting multiple teams concurrently
- Undertaking and coaching team members through small research and development / proof of concept projects in support of prototyping and piloting new capabilities particularly within the PSA space.
- In depth knowledge of the PeopleSoft ESA Modules.
- Ability to plug in and assist anywhere from:
- researching technologies
- analyzing existing competitive products for key features
- producing illustrative training documentation,
- working with team members to translate to our customers
- Conducting detailed functional testing
- Strong facilitation and conflict resolution skills
- Organization skills and time management skills to manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously.
- Proficient with MS Office suite
- Test automation skills
- sql or other querying tools
Customer Focus Integrity & Trust
Dealing with Ambiguity Functional/Technical Skills
Drive for Results Business Acumen
Approachability Self Development
Peer Relationships Decision Quality