The Senior ServiceNow Systems Analyst engages directly with internal customers to analyze business processes and problems, evaluate system related needs, and help translate those needs to solutions that will provide value to our business partners. He/She is a key member of a product delivery team, interacting with Product Owners, Developers, QA testers, Domain Architects, Scrum Masters, Vendors, and more. Their key role will be to derive and document via user stories the business needs, while proactively managing customer expectations and resolving questions around business and system capabilities, as well as product features and functionality.
* Partner with Product Owner(s) as a primary point of contact for system related questions and requirements, with ability to guide and escalate across product delivery team(s) as necessary.
* Understand the strategic direction of product features and related system and business processes, impacts of changes across the entire application, and the priorities of backlog. Apply knowledge of business and system capabilities to anticipate needs, address issues that arise, and deliver value to our customers.
* Apply knowledge of SDLC processes to include system process flows, team reviews of analysis, design, code, test, and deployment, as well as relevant Agile ceremonies for all assigned products.
* Communicate shared vision for product quality throughout the product life cycle by writing requirements or user stories with clear acceptance criteria and advising or preparing test plans/scenarios when necessary.
* Improve overall team performance and efficiency by learning new concepts, sharing knowledge gained, and advancing product / project team capabilities through continuous improvement cycles.
* Develop business and system process work flow diagrams.
* Analyze existing process to identify gaps and areas of improvement.
* Assist with Product Backlog management, user story development and prioritization.
* Create or update product deliverables, artifacts and be able to interpret technical specifications in accordance with client requirements.
* Assist team with troubleshooting problems and developing recommendations/solutions.
* Develop and maintain strong relationships with business partners and internal/external team members.
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
* BS/BA degree in related field and/or comparable industry, or related work experience
* 7-10 years of related Systems Analyst experience to include proficiency in user story writing
* Minimum of 2 years working on the ServiceNow platform
* Experience working in an Agile environment required (preferably using Scrum)
* Experience in all facets of the development lifecycle required
* Strong understanding of the ITIL Framework preferred
* Collaborative Team Player. The Senior Systems Analyst will work with/help guide teams and collaborate with Product Owners, as well as business and technical stakeholders to understand key business processes and application functionality in order to support translation of business needs to system requirements.
* Self-Starter. The Senior Systems Analyst should be able to work independently, gathering appropriate knowledge, resources and escalating when necessary. Ability to lead small projects/tasks to completion.
* Communication skills. The Senior Systems Analyst will lead meetings and interact with IS and business partners. Strong written communication skills are necessary to prepare user stories, job aides, and other required artifacts.
* Critical thinking/problem solving. The Senior Systems Analyst should be detail oriented and have strong analytical skills. They are the subject matter expert assisting the product/project team in system functionality.
* Subject matter expertise in the ServiceNow platform with a focus on Incident, Change, Problem, Asset, ServiceWatch/ITOM
* Customer Service
* Building Relationships
* Business Knowledge / Organizational Acumen
* Self-Motivation/Self Starter
* Leading Self and Others
* Detail oriented
* Functional/Technical system skills
Since our company was founded in 1983, the Allegis Group Companies continue to be an organization of employees who are driven to succeed and motivated by a strong desire to serve others. We seek to understand our, customers', consultants' and contract employees' needs and challenges in order to fully meet and exceed their expectations. We provide opportunities for job seekers that align with their skill sets and career ambitions and match our customers' expectations. We constantly partner with our colleagues to further the overall objectives of the organization and we embrace opportunities to give back to the communities where we live and work.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.