At LMC, it’s all about the team. LMC is a very special place to work, largely because of the special people who work here. Our company culture is infused with spirit, enthusiasm, and vitality. Our open channels of communication unite our Associates and foster inspiration, collaboration, and high-fives. Since 2011, LMC has been growing to successfully develop, build, and manage apartment communities across the country. Hope you are looking for opportunities at one of America's leading apartment developers and the 2017 Best Place to Work in Multifamily, because here they come.
Summary of Position:
The Sr Systems Engineer plays an important role within the Technology Service group and requires strong, demonstrable hands-on knowledge and experience assessing, configuring, supporting, and troubleshooting all aspects of IT Operations excluding network and telecom services. This includes the enterprise-wide 24x7x365 support of all production systems, applications, and request fulfillments. This position will report to the IT Infrastructure Manager. Minimal to no travel will be required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support, maintain and monitor all installed infrastructure systems in the cloud and proactively ensure the highest levels of system availability.
- Troubleshoot, remediate, and perform root-cause analysis on systems ranging from compute, storage, Windows servers, Exchange/O365, Azure active directory, Citrix, and other related technologies.
- Provide On-Call support on a scheduled rotation.
- Document processes and procedures to ensure all installed infrastructure systems are operating efficiently and in line with best practices and ITIL guidelines.
- Identify and become proficient in emerging technologies needed to provide visionary service and support for customers.
- Manage application lifecycles, including deployment, regular patch mgmt., upgrades, and sun-setting.
- Maintain strong IT & Business Partner relationships, reviewing metrics and benchmarks, and aligning SLAs, priorities, and process improvements efforts.
- Provide appropriate service-level reporting, including Availability, Incidents, SLAs, and other metrics as required.
- Maintain appropriate IT service and continuity management plans that align with business tolerance.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Systems Engineering, or related field.
- 8 to 10 years of relevant experience. Previous Multi-family or other relevant industry experience at an Enterprise level is preferred.
- Strong knowledge and experience with supporting Microsoft Office 365, Exchange Online, SharePoint and Azure Active Directory is required.
- AWS EC2, RDS, Route53, CloudFront and VPC experience required.
- Citrix Cloud including Citrix Cloud, Connectors, FAS and VDAs within an AWS environment is required.
- Experience with SolarWinds, Proofpoint, Thycotic, Microsoft InTune and ServiceNow is highly preferred.
- Ability to conduct research into system issues and products.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize work -- both project based and day-to-day operations.
- Knowledge of a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures.
- Adept at performing a variety of tasks.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experienced in fast growing, changing environment.
- Experience operating multiple colocations throughout the US as well as AWS Cloud Operations.
- Strong understanding of ITIL practices and standards.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect or SysOps Administrator certification is a plus.
- Citrix Certified Administrator or Advanced Administrator certification is a plus.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact well with co-workers.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.
- Must be willing to work in an office, travel, and go on site visits.
- Office and personal facilities are provided that are usual and customary for the industry.
- Associates work in an office environment, but also may have frequent exposure to outside elements where temperature, weather, odors, and/or landscape may be unpleasant and/or hazardous.
This position outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.