Leidos is actively hiring for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our team at MacDill AFB, FL.
Support MARCENT HQ and deployed units, as required, for network and security engineering, administration, operations, planning, design, and upgrades. Administer storage, network and voice service management hardware and software, maintaining the integrity of software and services, and installing upgrades, including planning, scheduling, testing, and coordination.
• Provide integrated team support and maintenance of Windows and Linux operating systems.
• Administer storage, network and voice service management hardware and software, maintaining the integrity of software and services, and installing upgrades, including planning, scheduling, testing, and coordination.
• Document and monitor server operation, performance and capacity.
• Account for the direct support of classified and unclassified servers required command services.
• Track service dependencies, work closely with MCNOSC and CENTCOM J6 to maintain and troubleshoot service outages.
• Troubleshoot and resolve problems, as required and serve as one of the highest levels of escalation for service and security issues within MARCENT.
• Write and maintain server documentation, standard operating procedures (SOP), and desktop procedures.
• Serve as the senior system administrator for the MARCENT classified and unclassified data services.
• Define, improve and promote architecture and standards based on ITIL best practices.
• Maintain security procedures.
• Perform functionality, performance, and security audits, generate detailed executive reports outlining risk, and provide technology recommendations.
• Design, document and write deliverable plans for complex implementation.
• Assist in the design and implementation of upgrades and migrations for MARCENT.
• Configure equipment in support of voice over IP and video teleconferencing.
• Research vendor products to determine those that best meet MARCENT needs. Anticipate and research new technologies for use with operational sites.
• Optimize data center infrastructure for enhanced functionality, security and management.
• Develop architecture and implement network and security solutions that meet or exceed internal and external command expectation by working closely with the users.
• Develop standards related to the use of computing resources, overall strategy, design, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple systems, operating environments, and related software.
• Understand the system and its operation, identify ways to tune/increase system performance and responsiveness. The candidate will formulate and document an approach to problem resolution based on experience and knowledge, and coordinate actions with appropriate team members (System Engineering, Security Engineering, Software Engineering). Upon approval to implement changes to the system, the candidate will implement and test the approved solution(s).
• Conduct appropriate research and apply knowledge of client-server/networking systems to organize, formulate and document solutions.
• Utilizing diagnostic software, evaluate/analyze gathered metrics to determine where server/system/network performance is degraded and apply their knowledge of client-server, networking and storage technology to formulate recommended solutions to implement in order to improve/resolve poor system performance. No system changes are made without approval from Security Engineering.
• Based on investigation and expert judgment, formulate an approach to solving a system-level problem, documenting their recommendations in a project plan which details the identified problem, approach to resolution, steps to test to ensure problems have been corrected, and a proposed timeline/schedule to implement the solution. Upon approval from the CCB and Security Engineering, the candidate will be responsible for executing the approved project plan.
• Provide On-call periodic after hours support on a rotational schedule.
- Minimum 10 years in IT server/network service support
- DOD 8570 IAT II or III certified
- AA or equivalent experience. Bachelor's degree can be used in lieu of 2 years of experience
- Secret Clearance or eligible
- Current Windows Server / Workstation certs
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds shoulder high multiple times.
- Must be able to squat, climb stairs/ladder.
- US citizen with current US driver license and ability to obtain a passport for international travel.
- Must be able to travel internationally for short duration 1-2 weeks on short notice (5-10 days).
- Storage technology certifications
- Prefer 2+ years of experience in military environment.