Location: Rancho Cordova, CA
With more than 117 years of technology innovation, a global team of 100,000, and 64,000+ technology patents, NEC is in the business of providing solutions that focus on safety, security, operational efficiency - enabling people to live brighter, more enriched lives. We call this orchestrating a brighter world. As recognized leaders in Biometric technologies, we boast an array of award winning solutions which support Law Enforcement, Citizen Services & Immigration, Commercial Markets, and Public facilities Management. NEC Advanced Recognition Systems are experiencing significant growth and expect to soar to new heights with the addition of key talent like you.
We are currently looking to add an experienced and skilled Sr Systems Engineer to our passionate and dedicated team located in Sacramento CA. You will be joining our Systems Engineering Team as Cloud Engineer with the primary focus of Implementing NEC's Biometrics solutions on Facial and Fingerprint technologies on Azure/AWS. You will implement operational best practices for deployment, configuration, monitoring, and ensuring the reliability and robustness of the platform as it scales in scope and usage.
You will work with the Engineering team in a variety of capacities, including:
Implementing NEC's Biometrics solutions on Azure as per the solution requirements of Product and Customers.
- Supporting the process of releasing updates to our applications to our testing and production environments on Azure.
- Monitoring and maintaining our cloud servers and applications.
- Primary contributor to designing, implementing, and optimizing an automated deployment solution for our Azure platform
- Perform standard IT functions as they pertain to the Azure cloud platform, such as networking, security, VM management, etc.
- Experience with cloud computing (Azure, AWS, Google App Engine, etc)
- Experience with Backup Technologies
- An eagerness to learn whatever tools or techniques are needed to get the job done
- An effective listener with an analytical mind, able to match needs with solutions
- Experience with Active Directory
Preferred Experience -
- Load balancer & proxy configuration and related platforms
- Infrastructure provisioning tools (such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker)
- Some experience with unit testing and automated testing tools
We are passionate about our people and growing our NEC family. If you believe you meet the position criteria coupled with seeking a career home, then apply now.
NEC is consistently recognized as one of the 50 most innovative companies globally. (by Boston Consulting)
ABOUT NEC CORPORATION OF AMERICA
Headquartered in Irving, Texas, NEC is a leading provider of innovative IT, biometrics, network, and communications products and solutions for service carriers and Fortune 1000 and SMB businesses across multiple vertical industries, including healthcare, government, education, and hospitality. NEC delivers one of the industry's broadest portfolios of technology solutions and professional services, including unified communications, wireless, voice and data, managed services, server and storage infrastructure, optical network systems, microwave radio communications, and biometric security. NEC is a wholly owned subsidiary of NEC Corporation, a global technology leader with a presence in over 44 countries and more than $37.5 billion in revenue. For more information, please visit www.necam.com.
NEC Corporation of America and its subsidiaries is committed to the maximum utilization of all human resources and the goal of Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, genetic characteristics, height, weight, arrest record pertaining to misdemeanors or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other class protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
EOE-Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities