OBXtek is currently staffing for a Senior Systems/Network Administrator who will have these overreaching responsibilities:
> Develop, tests, implement and maintain computer operating system and related software and establishes and implements standards for computer operations.
> Troubleshoot software, operating system and networking problems.
Schedules, performs and monitors system backups. Installs, and maintains network equipment and devices.
> Manage and administers operating systems installed on physical and virtual assets supporting a variety of operating systems.
> Perform installations, maintenance, support, administration, troubleshooting, configuration, and other system/server administrative activities.
> Manage and administers IT security tools and software products.
Duties will include but not be limited to to following:
- Performs system-level design and configuration of products including determination of hardware, OS, and other platform specifications.
- Manage day-to-day IT operations processes pertaining to IT service operations, IT engineering activities and continual service improvement across customer enterprise.
- Perform system administration duties to include troubleshooting of information system errors
- Responsible for network address assignment, routing protocols, and routing table configuration as well as configuration of authentication and authorization services. Performs maintenance of network servers: file servers, intrusion detection systems, routers, switches, etc.
- Maintains the hardware and software that comprises the network (data, voice and video) including the deployment, maintenance and monitoring of active network gear; switches, routers, firewalls, and appliances
- Performs anti-virus definitions updates, and patch management. Manages policy, files shares, backups and restores, etc.
- Directs compilation of records and reports concerning systems operations. Troubleshoots performance issues. Analyzes network traffic and provides capacity planning solutions.
- Monitors and responds to complex technical hardware and software problems. Interfaces with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Working knowledge of system functions, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures to restrict unauthorized use of data systems and databases
- Ensure users have need-to-know for the data they are accessing
- Installs new and existing hardware/software. Manages disaster recovery functions for information systems
- Support, maintain and administer third party applications
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on all hardware on a routine and scheduled basis
- Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems
- Enforce change management and compliance processes
- Work as a technical resource on assigned projects
- Independent analysis, communication, and problem solving
- Answering questions about installation, operation, configuration, and customization.
- Applying advanced diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes and recommend solutions to correct common failures.
- Specific support consists of troubleshooting hardware, software, and network related issues encountered by users.