We’re partnering with a company in the Naperville area looking for a Senior Technical Accountant to join their team. This person will support a variety of duties with a main focus centered around SEC reporting, quarterly, annual fillings. This role will start off on a contract basis but will have the potential to move into a full time role in 2021.
Monthly Financial Reporting and SEC Filings
- Assists in the preparation of public filings required by SEC regulations (Forms 10-K, 10-Q, and 8-K) including responsibility for financial statement disclosures, MD&A, and all other components of SEC filings including XBRL tagging.
- Assists with the preparation of the monthly consolidated financial reporting package and other required internal financial communications.
- Assists with the annual proxy preparation process and quarterly earnings releases, including financial exhibits and other communications/presentations for accuracy and completeness.
Corporate Accounting Support
- Assists with the monthly financial accounting close process including preparing journal entries performing account analysis
- prepares/reviews consolidated financial statements and supporting schedules.
- Lead monthly project manager meetings to update percentage of completion schedules for our long-term construction contracts
- Record month-end journal entries in support of revenue recognition
- Provide monthly analysis of the construction projects in support of the management reporting package.
- Reviews foreign subsidiary financial statements for compliance with US GAAP and assists with the preparation of the financial statement consolidation as needed.
- Coordinates and prepares schedules for the annual financial statement audit and quarterly reviews in coordination with the external auditors.
- Assists with the annual budget process, monthly financial forecast and cash flow forecasting as needed.
Technical Research - Accounting Standards and SEC Reporting
- Provide technical and consulting support on the treatment of accounting issues, interpretation and implementation of new accounting standards, and compliance with U.S. GAAP And SEC Regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited program
- Minimum of 5 years of SEC Reporting Experience
- CPA is a plus but not required for this role
- Experience with percentage-of-completion method or Thunderdome filing program is a plus
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.