Watch your work come to life in landmark projects around the world when you partner with Syska Hennessy Group! As a global leader in consulting, engineering, and commissioning services, we specialize in highly technical buildings and the systems that bring them to life. Our Information and Communication Technology Group (ICT), in our Washington, DC is seeking a Senior Technology Consultant / BMS Specialist.
Our dynamic work environment provides the optimal setting to take your career to the next level. From our supportive culture, diverse workforce, and competitive compensation, to our flexible work schedules and fun social events, it’s everything you’ll need for an exciting, challenging, and rewarding career.
As a Senior Technology Consultant / BMS Specialist you will be responsible to provide trade specific design: HVAC equipment selection, layout (utilizing CAD/BIM); calculations (utilizing appropriate software) and other related design services including coordination with the designs of other trades (architectural and engineering/internal and external) working in conjunction with a technical team. Knowledge of IT infrastructure to support integrated smart building systems will be critical. Must take ownership of the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of the work assigned to you. Along with engineering duties listed above you will be responsible for the execution of project instrumentation and controls support activities, and maintain internal and external client satisfaction. You will be responsible for assigned projects and the preparation of controls design drawings and integrated systems specifications for Government, Aviation, Critical Facilities, Health Care, Pharmaceutical and various other markets.
The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit with the drive to build our services in the Washington, DC region and expand on a rapidly growing and successful practice area. You will effectively and personably organize others supporting your efforts and work on developing strong relationships with project design teams as well as clients.
While this position is based in Washington, DC the position might require travel to other Syska offices and project sites throughout the US for interface directly with client personnel and contractors.
Controls and Instrumentation Responsibilities:
- Take an active role in business developments efforts by assisting with proposal development, attending industry networking events and conducting presentations for external environment
- Preparing BMS controls and instrumentation network architecture and one-line drawings that could be pertinent to smart office/building environments.
- Performs as the lead designer for projects.
- Ability to develop standard and unique building and mechanical system sequences of operations for assigned projects
- Select equipment for use in building systems and write reports
- Create plans, schematics, equipment selection, load calculations, systems narratives and specifications, system design and layout, field investigation and construction administration
- Manage assigned BMS/IBS project from design, implementation and commissioning phases
- Interface with clients and contractors and attend meetings
- Interface with Principle-in-Charge and Project Managers
- Work closely with the mechanical, electrical, plumbing and technology project design team
- Responsible for quality control on assigned projects
- Assist in resource and financial management
- Help develop and utilize BMS/IBS processes and standards
We are looking for a candidate who can work with the team to assure client satisfaction, demonstrating an understanding of the assigned projects as well as the ability to foresee challenges. To succeed in this role, your technical expertise must be complemented by self-motivation, relationship building skills, effective communication skills, and the ability to effectively work in a fast-paced, challenging environment. The ideal candidate we are looking for is a motivated individual who has the ability to change hats and be responsible for multiple BMS/IBS projects.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university in Engineering or Technical discipline
- 8 to 12 years’ experience working on mechanical, controls, instrumentation and smart building technology projects
- 5+ years’ experience in Project Management
- Knowledge of HVAC systems and controls and instrumentation design and building control sequence of operations
- Understanding of BMS and integrated sub-system network topography and basic building IT Infrastructure technology
- Basic knowledge of IT Infrastructure including design of cable plant (horizontal & backbone), pathways, telecommunication room design and data center design including cabinet placement and LAN/WAN equipment coordination
- Effective team player; ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Excellent organization skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously that knows when to delegate work to others to meet project deadlines
- Candidate with good basic communication skills who can represent the firm in a professional manner.
- Candidate with AutoCAD and Revit experience, a plus
- Registered Communication Distribution Designer (RCDD, a plus but not a requirement
- Registered E.IT. or Professional Engineer (PE), a plus but not a requirement
As an Engineer with Syska Hennessy Group, you will be a part of a global firm with and amazing history! We are committed to being the best, to advancing engineering design practice, and to supporting our clients with integrity. To make all that happen, we rely on the talent, drive, enthusiasm, and the total job satisfaction of the great people who work here.
As a member of our highly collaborative team, we provide you a flexible benefits package that reflects our respect for your workplace contributions, professional goals, and personal priorities. The personal benefits program at Syska Hennessy Group includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching
- Roth 401(k) Option
- Individual and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Health Wellness Programs, including in-house Yoga, flu shots and biometric screenings
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Training and professional development courses
- Professional development incentive bonuses
- Opportunities for community outreach through internal networks
- A Generous Personal Time Off Program (PTO)
- Transit/parking program
- Monthly business phone stipend
- Flexible summer work schedules
- Much More!
Syska Hennessy Group – Creating Exceptional Environments
Let’s Work Together!