Role: Senior Teradata Developer Description Responsibilities: Required Experience: What's in it for you? About Brooksource:
Location: Chicago, IL
Client: Health Insurance Company (#1 in Illinois, #3 in the United States)
As the healthcare industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable healthcare for our members. Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members.
• Providing the estimates for the backlog items
• Translation of backlog items into engineering design and logical units of work (tasks)
• Evaluation of technical feasibility
• Implementation of backlog items
• Develop and verify code which adheres to the acceptance criteria
• Develop Unit test cases and testing
• Implementing the development best practices
• Working with Teradata vendor for issues, upgrades
• Setting up and monitoring TASM settings
• Query Tuning
• Monitoring security/access to Teradata components and users
• Bachelor's degree in MIS or Computer Science
• Data Development: 4 years (Required)
• Teradata: 4 years (Required)
• Datastage: 2 year (Required)
• Shell scripting: 2+ years ( required)
• Exposure to Java, Scala, Spark (2-5 years)
• Experience with Teradata (Version 16 would be a plus)
• Experience with configuration, installing and maintaining Teradata hardware
• Experience with Teradata utilities, Viewpoint, DSA
• Health Benefits, 401K Plan, Paid Time Off, Weekly Pay Checks
• Opportunity for professional growth and leadership within Global Leader in Consumer Health Care Services.
At Brooksource, our business is people. Relationships are at the center of what we do. A successful partnership is only as strong as the relationship built. We're your trusted partner for IT hiring, recruiting and staffing needs.
What's in it for you?
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.