Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for more than 60 years and now is the best time in our history to join us. We are opening more locations every year and we are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in our growth. We are a company that promotes from within, both in our retail and corporate operations.
The Senior Test Automation Engineer establishes and maintains processes for automating test cases; mentors the Quality Assurance (QA) department related to automation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates, modifies and maintains automated scripts
- Establishes criteria for automating test scripts
- Develops automated testing framework for end-to-end and integration; matures automated test framework to achieve higher test throughput, increased accessibility and test execution flexibility
- Build advanced automated test suites
- Recommends standards based on industry best practices and Company needs
- Develops and implements testing techniques and automated scripts to test the functionality of the application.
- Designs and maintains complex QA environments
- Produces product delivery schedules through development and execution of automated test suites on multiple platforms and releases in collaboration with stakeholders
- Establishes automated test environments for complex user interface (UI) and non-UI testing
- Identifies, analyzes and documents defects, questionable functions, errors and inconsistencies in complex software program functions, outputs, online screens, content and security
- Identifies and resolves programming inconsistencies in collaboration with developers; identifies opportunities that impact automated testing
- Analyzes and decomposes a complicated software system and design a strategy to test this system.
- Coaches and trains Test Automation Engineer I and II; trains QA analysts regarding the execution of automated scripts and error research
- Identifies and measures improvements in testing efficiency and effectiveness
- Determines internal stakeholders technical needs; gathers requirements and makes recommendations
- Engineers complex solutions that collect and report test results through various metrics reporting tools
- Stays current on the latest industry technologies, trends and strategies
- Assists employees, vendors or other customers by answering questions related to testing and automation processes, procedures and services
- Completes work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service
- Other duties as assigned
- This position requires a minimum of five years progressive quality assurance testing experience, with at least four years automated testing experience.
- Proven experience with automated testing tools and scripting skills is necessary.
- Proven expertise with software development life cycle (SDLC) and participation in QA reviews, validation of requirements and specification documents is needed.
- Proven experience with automated testing tools and technologies, including, but not limited to, HP, Selenium, SoapUI, DVO or similar tools is needed.
- Proven expertise of SQL and databases for test set up and troubleshooting purposes is needed.
- Knowledge with developer tools, including, but not limited to, Eclipse, git, Jenkins, Subversion or similar is preferred.
- Proven experience with HP ALM, HP UFT or similar is needed.
- Skills in diagnosing and solving complex problems and providing detailed technical analysis are needed.
- Experience with cloud-based applications is preferred.
- Proven experience with risk-based testing procedures is preferred.
- Proven experience in project management is preferred.
- Working knowledge of QA methodology, testing techniques and approaches is required.
- Experience testing complex, multi-tiered web-based systems and complex data-driven applications is required.
- Prior work experience with agile is preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including skills with Word, Excel and PowerPoint is necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization, present complex ideas concisely, and clearly articulate ideas verbally and in writing is required.
- The ability to work efficiently under pressure, accurately meet deadlines, present a professional demeanor and work well independently is essential.
- Customer service skills are essential, including the ability to manage and respond to different customer situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude.
- In addition, troubleshooting, organizational and problem-solving skills with a can-do attitude and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values are key attributes.
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems or related field or equivalent experience.
- ISTQB or CSTE Foundation Certification preferred.
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Additional hours may be necessary.